"Let us follow Jesus closer; let us walk in His steps where it will cost us something more than it is costing us now; let us pledge not to do anything without first asking: What would Jesus do?"
I think this question had lost its meaning for me because I have heard it so often. There was a movement where many people were wearing hand bracelets with these letters on it, and even several songs written with this slogan in the lyrics. As I taught this past Sunday School I had written these letters out and asked the class if anyone recognized them (the class ranges from age 1-13 and no one, knew. I tried to put it in simple turns by giving examples that children encounter everyday such as fighting over the same toy or choosing to do a choir mom asked even if you do not want- and having them consider the question- What would Jesus do?
In my own heart I find myself weighing this question around in my head. As I get ready to leave my house, there is an option of people and places I can meet. When an interruption comes in the middle of my schedule or even as I am continually disciplining/interacting with my children I want to first react as Jesus would in each situation.
In this book their was one man contemplating this thought-
" But... am I myself ready to take this pledge? I ask the question honestly, and I dread to face an honest answer. I know well enough that I should have to change very much in my life if I undertook to follow His steps so closely. I have called my Christian for many years. For the past ten years I have enjoyed life that has had comparatively little suffering in it. I am, honestly I say it, living at a long distance from municipal problems and the life of the poor, the degraded and the abandoned. What would the obedience to this pledge demand of me?"


2 comments:
I've been wondering the same thing lately. Love the pic of you and the girls :)
Yes, that's a wonderful photo of you and the granddaughters!
Post a Comment