
I definitely will have to have Jason write a blog about the agriculture farm he has been working on for the past month- but for now I will write about it from my perspective. Jason goes out to a village deep in the bush Monday-Thursday and Saturday too. He leaves before 8 and comes home around 6. During those days the kids and I do not see much of him and we truly miss him. I am able to stay busy visiting my friends here, going to school once a week, and just taking care of the home since now I am responsible for cooking dinner all the time. (I REALLY miss Jason's delicious cooking! I sometimes make French toast for dinner.) Jason and I agreed together that me and the kids would come along with him to the bush once and maybe twice a week.

I know it is harder for Jason to get things done when the family is there because he has to look out for us and not just focus on the project. Right now they are finishing putting chain link on the fence but it was a long process to get to that point. (Again I will let Jason write about those details including how many acres there is and what the purpose of the agriculture farm is). When Righteous, Nevaeh, Charis and I are camped out on a mat I make sure I have packed out a lot of activites to keep them entertained for the long day. One day I brought a Winnie the Pooh puzzle and was surprised that several of the local men came and started to put it together. They would take it apart and another man would "take his turn" and put it together. I suppose that is the first puzzle they had ever seen. Jason had to stick around us during this time because it would have been inapropriate for him to leave me alone with a bunch of men. Later on I was telling him how important it is for the locals to watch and see how he interacts with his family because this is another example for them to see Jesus love. I have always prayed that my marriage and family would be a reflection of Jesus' love and even during casual times people are watching.

My kids love going out to the Bush once a week. When we are out there we get to ride on the tractor, feed the goats our leftovers, get very very dirty by playing in the dirt/sand, and just have fun in the sun. I try to always bring something that we can hand out to the other children there. Yesterday we handed out balloons that we had colored on with markers. At first Righteous and Nevaeh do not want to give but keep things for themselves. I always have to explain that we are blessed with many toys and books and these children here might not have any. Righteous and Nevaeh look at me with such concern at the thought that a child might not own even one toy and then they immediately go and hand out what we have.

I am very proud of Jason although I miss him, I know that this is a season we are in and this is also the calling that God has for us. It really helps that I can go out and be a part of what Jason is doing. Please pray for Jason as he feels so much pressure of what is involved with this project and we have a time crunch of leaving to go on furlough in 1 month.
No comments:
Post a Comment