Saturday, April 30, 2011

Being with my family

Last week we were in NY. I was not able to spend as much time as I would have liked with all my relatives because of Righteous and Nevaeh's sickness but it was a blessing to see everyone. My mom was able to take off from work every day that we were there. We often saw her from when when we were just waking up in the morning until we went to bed.We stayed at My Uncle Vinnies and Aunt Diane's home because they have a lot more room at there place. They have always been like a second set of parents to me and even with 3 years passing there was the same bond as always. I also got to see My Uncle Hank, Aunt Joanne, and cousin Rose, My Uncle Paul, Aunt Rita, and cousin Debbie, Aunt Didi and Uncle Tom, Cousins Matt, Maribeth, Danielle, and Kaitlyn, and last but not least Grandma Joan. Such a wonderful big family I have.
Right now we are in Massachusetts spending time with my sister Bethany and her family and my Dad and Step-mom. My Dad's parents just flew up here from Florida to visit. I do not take for granted getting to spend time with my family. I know each day is in God hands and are days are numbered by Him alone. Every now and then my thoughts try to turn to what is going on in Kenya right now but a strong feeling comes after that to FOCUS on whats right NOW. Right now it is to treasure these new memories I am making with my family.
Last week and this week there have been moments I have been with my children, one of my parents, and one or both of my grandparents. That is four generations being with one another. I know not everyone is fortunate to be able to have that. It is a gift to cherish.

"But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever, you renown endures through all generations."
Psalm 102: 12

1 comment:

extraspecialbitter said...

I hate to say it, but it looks like one generation just got eliminated.