
Just 3 days ago we were spending time with Adam and Rachel Todd, in Pennsylvania. They have 3 daughters the exact ages of our three. Adam and Rachel have been on the missionfield in Nicaragua and this gives our friendship such a deep bond with how we can relate. I laughed so much when we were together and could not remember the last time I had laughed so much. Rachel was able to ask thought provoking questions to help me to continue to process. I really enjoyed just sitting and being with her. Watching her be a mother and invest all of her time into her children. We got to talk about being a missionary as a mom- so much of our time is simply to raise our children that there is not much time for ministry. One thing I know God has impressed upon me is that our family is a ministry. Disciplining and correcting our children is exhausting at times but in the long run you reap the blessing from it. Even more importantly the way we treat and show love to our spouses needs to be selfless. This is how people will see Jesus' love. Even if someone will never open the Bible to be able to know Jesus they can know him through our relationships. Rachel really encouraged me by allowing me to be apart of her life for a few days.

We got to go to the farm that Adam is in charge of. I was amazed at how large the animals were. The sheep in America are almost the size of a cow in Kenya. The size of a cow in America seems like a huge hippo to me. Righteous and Nevaeh have been so funny when we see squirrels and chipmunks. They were asking me why they see ropes around doggies- and I explained that here people need to have leashes on their dogs. At the first sound of police sirens and firetruck sirens they were a bit frightened but now they really get excited seeing those vehicles pass us. Sadly they have not really been interested in fastfood. I however think it tastes so much better than I ever have remembered.

The two year-olds, Nevaeh and Sydney.


" A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food her for her family. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instructions on her tongue. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31: 10,11, 15,17, 20, 25,30.
2 comments:
oh i am so jealous of you girls! wish I could have spent time together with the two of you together too!
How come your Pennsylvania section is so much longer than your Massachusetts section when you were in Massachusetts much longer?
Post a Comment