"What kinds of food do you eat?"
A: A lot of rice and Hugali which is made out of corn flour- similar to grits without all the water added. We had beef at one time but now there is a famine so we are limited to goat and camel meat. There is skumawiki, similar to collard greens, fried cabbage, and vegetable stew.
"Is it hot there?"
A: Yes. Very, very hot. No air conditioning. HOT.
"Do you like it there?"
A: Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Just like people with their jobs in America- I am sure they feel the same way. Ultimately it does not matter about how much I like living in Africa. It does not matter that I always enjoy life. It matters that I serve the Lord. That I go where He tell me to go. That I will speak the words He puts in me to speak. To love one another because of His great love for me.
We have had so much fun during our time here in the states. We have gotten to spend a lot of time as a family. We have traveled a lot and have gotten loved on by many different people. It is hard to say goodbye to all of them and all of the things we have gotten to do.




2 comments:
Love the pics of the chillins. :)
Hi guys!
When I saw your post yesterday, I just knew I had to finish mine up. While I have not experienced first hand the decisions you are facing, I feel like I can identify or at least kind of know how you feel.
blessings to you and your family for chosing to follow God through it all!
Naomi
Post a Comment