Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jesus can heal





We have been reading about Jesus healing the sick people in our children's Bible. Righteous and Nevaeh listen but I do not think they really understand about people, being crippled, blind, bleeding for several years, and even Jesus raising little children from the dead. We went to the local hospital with hearts we drew on paper, glue, and glitter. I have to admit, the hospital is not my favorite place. It can make me so sad to see these young kids have burns on their bodies, or a 3 month old baby hooked up to an oxygen tank. As I look around I notice the things that are "unfair", like that there is puss dripping from a bandage that looks like it needs to be changed a few days ago. There is many more things I could write about that I would want to fix to bring the healthcare up to proper standards but I don't want to focus on that. What I do want to say is that the patients and their families lighten up when someone comes to spend some time with them. There is a language barrier because many of the people here do not know Swahili, just the mother tongue which is KiKumba. We do not need words to show the love of Jesus. After we were done with the art project the mothers took the left- over glitter and put it on their faces and arms. How they laughed and showed off to one another. Righteous gets scared to go up to the children, Nevaeh mostly watches, Charis doesn't notice any difference between them and other kids we see outside the hospital. I plan on going back. We are praying for these kids. We know Jesus is able to heal.

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

XO You go, Girl! I so admire your willingness to walk into situations that most people want to hide from. And, you take your children too. That is so beautiful to me. Thinking of you and praying for you.

Naomi said...

Doesn't it just break your heart to see little ones hurting.
Still, the smiles on those mama's faces says it all, they feel the love of God coming from you and your family.
God Bless
Naomi