Thursday, April 5, 2012

33 weeks and counting

With this pregnancy every day that passes I give a sigh of relief knowing I am one day closer to adding another week to how far a long I am. With each week the baby has grown, that much more and is closer to being safe. On Sunday night I started having contractions despite being on two types of medicine to prevent me from going into premature labor. We packed our family up in less then an hour and got on the road to Nairobi and made it there with no problems. The next morning I went to the hospital to meet with my doctor. I finally measured with the correct due date because up until this point I was always measuring 2 weeks ahead (bigger than I was). This was because the baby has now "dropped" into place, getting ready to come out. I got an ultrasound to see how the baby is doing and to see if my cervix is opening from the inside. The baby is measuring with the exact due date I have which is May 22nd My cervix is still closed for now, so we will travel back to Mwingi tomorrow for two more weeks. This past week we have been staying in Nairobi just enjoying being together as a family. We are also enjoying toilets and running water in the house which we do not have when we are living in Mwingi.

This week has been a blessing to me in many ways. Our friend Laura had told me a few weeks ago she wants to be as much help as we need her to be, when the baby is coming. It just so happens she was house-sitting for the Germo family this week so we ended up crashing her time. She has watched our children when I have had appointments and then again when we took Charis to the doctor because she has an ear infection. It is a blessing to have access to a pediatrician here in Nairobi because most of the time we have to pray and guess what to do when our children get sick. It has also been such a blessing to stay in a home. We have stayed in guesthouses many times and it is not SO bad. It is just so much easier to stay in a home where there is more than one bedroom so that the 5 us do not have to share. Also we can cook meals in the kitchen instead of spending tons of money always eating out. In a home there are toys and books for the children to play with and a washing machine for our clothes. As I have seen time and time again God has a way of arranging things for us that work out perfectly. I could never be able to plan things as well as God. He also has us go through some hard times for our own good- to strengthen us and make us more dependent on Him. I will put another update on how pregnacy as going as soon as something new happens. For now the baby is still in, continuing to grow, and God is in control and always will be.























6 comments:

Peter T. Fitzroy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peter T. Fitzroy said...

I'm rooting for May 21st!!! My and your grandpa's Birthday!

Naomi said...

So happy for all the blessings! I know what a blessing running water is, and the added blessing of a washing machine! amazing!
Praying for God's continual protection and blessings in the weeks ahead.
Bekah, you look beautiful. The light of Jesus simply radiates from you.
with much love,
Naomi

Clay in His Hands said...

Miss you all and love you! I am praying for a safe delivery, and I can't wait to meet the new baby girl when I come this summer!

Christen M. Kissinger said...

I've been praying for you, I understand EXACTLY how you are feeling right now. It is hard being pregnant when thing like this happen, Im glad you are ok, and that you were able to get a check up and the baby is ok. Hope the ear infection is better too :-) I'll keep praying that baby stays where she needs too until the right time :-)

Jessica said...

Glad your little one is still inside growing stronger! Will keep asking for a healthy baby and a healthy you! Love you!