Today, I had another doctor appointment. I will be at 36 weeks pregnant tomorrow and have stopped taking all my medicine to prevent contractions. The waiting continues.
I wanted to give credit to God for taking care of our family during the ending of this pregnancy- by giving us Laura to love and serve us. She told me a few weeks ago she wanted to help us, as we are getting ready for baby to come. Since we have come to Nairobi she has been living with us, playing with my girls, cleaning around the house, etc. It is one of question I have not even had to worry about. "What will I do with my children when I go into labor"- because I know my children will be in the loving hands of Laura. In the States I would have a wonderful selection of people to wait "on call" for me to ask to come and stay with my kiddos when we needed to rush to the hospital. I am not there. I am in Kenya and the Lord has chosen time and time again to show that He will supply every need I have in ways I could never expect.
I think back to my last to pregnancies. (The first one was Righteous, who I had in the States and she was the first and only kiddo to worry about back then) We flew into Kenya when I was 34 weeks pregnant. Jaco and Heleen and family(out friends from South Africa) came to watch Righteous when I was induced at 38 weeks. I had Nevaeh in a little over an hour after my water broke. I stayed in the Kijabe Hospital for several hours and walked across the street to spend the night in a guesthouse for that first night. The following day we were back in Nairobi with Righteous and got to enjoy the week with Jaco and family. I recovered quickly and we finally moved to our home in G-town 2 weeks later.
I am sure everyone has heard Charis's story but just in case here it goes. Charis was born when I was 35 weeks pregnant. She was unexpectedly in our bathtub at home. We had planned to have her in the same hospital I had Nevaeh but we were not due to leave for a few more weeks. That night I went into labor we had 3 guests staying with us, one being our boss Dan Germo. I woke Jason up to tell him I was having strong contractions. He asked what she we do and I told him get on the computer and ask people to pray. So many of you went before the Lord on our behalf and His presence was with us. Jason caught Charis and we sent Dan to pick up an American Doctor, staying at a hotel in our town for a few weeks, whom we had met 2 days earlier. The Doctor checked on me and baby and said we were totally fine. This is how almighty God is. I delivered a premature baby with absolutely no complications and totally healthy. She was 4 pounds and 2 ounces and slightly jaundice. Within a two weeks she had gained weight and the jaundice was disappearing. I have no other explanations for how or why other than God used that as a testimony of His glory that I know I am suppose to tell over and over again. After Charis was born one of the visitors that was staying with us, Becky Mandich, ended up staying with us for 1 week just to help out and take care of my older 2 girls, so that I could just rest and recover. All I can do is offer the Lord my utmost praise and adoration as I remember all the things He has done for us. I know this baby will be with no exception.
We finally got to see a lion at the Nairobi Gamepark. This fuzzy photo does not do justice on how close we were to it- just following it as it walked in the middle of the road.
We were able to see some players from Manchester United at one of malls in Nairobi- they had a huge crowd of fans around them and were handing out their signatures.
With it being rainy season we are trying to come up with ideas to do while being in the house. At times the kids think of things all on their own. Here Charis found my mascara and decided to put the make up on herself.
4 comments:
Praying for you and your family and for a safe and healthy delivery! I can't wait to see your new beautiful baby when I come in June!
Bekah- so excited for your new little arrival! It's so wonderful to read the stories of how Father provided for all your daughters' births. He is so good and takes care of us even if the circumstances aren't "ideal". Praying for you in these last few weeks!
Praying for you guys. Have fun with Laura!
Love you friend! Praying your sweet girl comes at the perfect time and praising God for His sweet provisions along the way. Your sweet words make me smile because I know the genuine heart that is behind them. Your faith is not words conjured up in a blog, it is a REAL testimony of Jesus everyday. John mark and I love you and even our kids will be praying for yours! I'm so excited for you!!
Post a Comment