Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kenya Labor Day

 Today was the national holiday, Labor Day, for Kenya. My hope was with that name it would also be the same for me, but so far at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, no such thing. I saw the doctor yesterday. The baby has dropped more making my waddle more distinct and I am 2cm dilated. If the baby does not come by this Friday May 4th, I will get induced at 7am in the morning. Please be praying with us!

We went to Agape Church for Family Day. It was fun as they separated everyone into 5 groups and competed against each other. There was the 3 legged race, and balancing an egg on a spoon. My kiddos loved the bouncy castle. It is a regular occurring part of life that my girls will draw attention from other children. Other kids cannot help to touch Righteous hair, stroking it and admiring it. Righteous still hasn't gotten use to this and gets so annoyed. I have written before that there are times that I scold other children, asking if they would want people always touching them, not letting them play. Other times I have to let my children fight their own battles because I will not always be able to protect them. Righteous has learned the Kiswahili words for leave me, and no. Nevaeh is more friendly than Righteous and is a lot less bothered by others touching her. Charis doesn't seem to understand that much yet. Today I had 3 different children approach her and just pick her up and take her walking around. She never complained. All three have very different personalities even though we raise them the same way and in the same environment. It is just the way the Lord has made us so individually.

We were able to attend a partnership conference last week that open our eyes to how to minister more effectively in G-town. It moreso changed our heart to understand mistakes missionaries make when trying to show the love of Jesus and speak His truth. We can do that part and then think we are finished and not continue discipleship and offer accountability. On the other hand we can always keep the same relationship where we are telling the person what is right and wrong without enabling them to be leaders and make biblical decisions on their own. One of the most important messages that we heard was that when someone decided to become a Christian not only does the biblical foundation need to be laid in their life but the former religious ways have to be completely uprooted. The two cannot continue to grow together. The Lord knew we needed to be apart of this conference and made the way for us as we are waiting for the baby to be born. This waiting time has been both hard and good but God has been wanting us to learn things through it.











No comments: