Monday, May 14, 2012

Back at home

 Good bye Nairobi, the city of many coffee shops, cold rainy weather, hours long traffic, and medical care.

 Hello G, town of extreme heat, our home sweet home where we are completely dependent on God.
 We have been home for 3 days now. Charis came down with a bad rash that was persistent even after benadryl and hydro-cortisone cream. In Nairobi there is an excellent pediatrician that we use whenever we are there. Here in G-town we can call the pediatrician and ask for his advice and after that we pray.  As I am reading through the book of Acts I can see that as Paul was traveling around he was constantly facing persecutions.
("And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me." Acts 20:22-23 "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God" Acts 14:22)

 He expected it. There were times that the Holy Spirit prevented him from going to an area to preach the gospel. ("Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to." Acts 16:6-7

That amazes me, there are times that the Holy Spirit has plans that are different from going anywhere and everywhere to bring the gospel. Paul writes he is compelled to go to certain towns. I guess all this helps me to know that I am positive that we are suppose to be here. This doesn't mean it is always comfortable. Those difficult times is when I feel the Holy Spirit comforting me all the more because He is the great Comforter. If life was perfect- would I really need Him? Also with last years grenade attacks, I can see that God used our leadership to remove us temporarily from our home. In Acts the Holy Spirit would sometimes use other people to direct Paul where to go and also to let him know not to go places. (Acts 21:4) The Holy Spirit can talk directly to us and use others to speak to us. I know that the safest place for us to be is in the will of God.
 Here is the girls room that we painted a few months ago when we returned for a weekend visit. They have been so excited to play with their own toys and they have great imaginations playing together for a long time. Their favorite game to play is house where someone will be the baby and sometimes a daddy and mommy.
 I am trying to rest for 1 more week before I go out and about town. This means art projects on my bed. Here we were using nailpolish to paint pages from coloring books. It is hard for me to "just rest" because I want to go visit all my neighbors and take Righteous and Nevaeh to the local nursery school, and buy more material from the market etc. That time will come. For right now I know it is important to settle back in. Begin to ask what the Lord would have me do for His Kingdom here. Align my heart alongside His for this place- as I have been away for many months now. Also to not neglect my husband and children because they are my first ministry even though I feel a strong call to this place as well. Each day, as I rest, I talk to my Father God. Seeking is counsel, praising His Majesty, Soaking in His truth from His Word. I know that is exactly what I am suppose to be doing.



1 comment:

Jessica Mac said...

Enjoy being back home!