Thursday, May 3, 2012

D-Day


 In just an hour we will drive to the hospital to get induced. I am 37 weeks and 3 days. The two major reasons the Doctor and I decided that it was better to get induced rather than go into natural labor is: it is rainy season in Nairobi which means traffic can be stand still for hours. Also since all my previous deliveries have been 1 week- 5 weeks early and labors so short we thought it best that the baby not be delivered in our car on the way to the hospital.

I am excited. It was so hard to sleep, similar to the night before Christmas feeling. I am actually going to miss my three little girls. I have never been gone from them for a entire day and night. Jason and I have gone on many dates and even stayed in hotels overnight but we usually leave in the evening right before bed or just after. We have always come back the very next day right after breakfast time. They are in the great hands of Laura and will be coming to visit me and new baby- once she is born.

Righteous asked me if the baby is coming out wearing a diaper or naked. She always has a question to ask. We had hit a road block in homeschooling yesterday where I heard myself say to her, "If we have to stay here all day we are going to finish this assignment." She was not understanding words that rhyme. Finally there was a breakthrough but I can forsee many other days like this one.

Nevaeh, is the friendly one who talks to anyone. She is the one who usually introduces her sisters when we are first meeting someone. When she was getting her facepainted she wanted the man to paint a squirrel on her face, saying that was her favorite animal. Why? I have no idea. No the man doesn't know what a squirrel is we live in Africa. The last time she saw one was when we were in America on furlough. Nevaeh can be weird like that- but also so funny.

Charis has begun to get potty trained and she is not quite two yet. She will turn two later on this month on the 30th. She is so smart because she picks up and copies what her older sisters say. She can count to ten, do 10 little monkeys jumping on the bed and itsy bitsy spider all by herself. I am curious what she will think when she is no longer the baby of the family anymore. Well I got to go get ready. Next time I will be introducing our newest addition.





2 comments:

Nathaniel Hadrava said...

This is awesome, five beautiful women... and jason.
can't wait to c u guys soon. Be thinking of things we can bring. Diapers???

Naomi said...

Very excited! Praying for a smooth delivery.