We have to joined with our partners here Dove to offer a medical clinic once a week on the same property as the training farm. This allows us to deepen the relationships that we have made with the people by caring for their families. As a mom, I always want the best care for my children when they are sick. I want immediate relief for their pain and sickness. Depending on what it is sometimes an antibiotic does the trick, other times it is the drugs to get rid of malaria, but other times you have to wait it out if it is viral. I thank the Lord I can be a stay at home mom and be at their side "nursing their needs" even if it is just rubbing their backs the majority of the day (that would be Charis, who pitifully requested that with her feverish eyes last week). Another things I am so grateful for is the knowledge about general healthcare we have from just growing up in the States. I do not want to take for granted seeing all the choking posters in my elementary school cafeteria with the step by step directions on what to do. Sadly our first year here, an 8 year old died from choking because no one in the school knew what to do. I am the most grateful that Jason's knowledge of medicines and wound care (thank you Mama Witt). This means I might never have to be the one to clean out an infection or lance an abscess- and that is perfectly fine with me!
 |
| Jason taking vital signs and writing down symptoms. |
The first week 75 people came to be treated at the clinic. We are working alongside our good friends Grace and Amos. They maintain the order of the crowds of people that gather outside the clinic. Jason works as the triage taking blood pressure, weight, height, and writes down the symptoms. Then the patients proceed to see the doctor who checks them out and prescribes the drugs. Lastly they pass through the pharmacy we have which is run by two interns Abbie and Holly. This past week 145 people came to the clinic. My children really look forward to going throughout the week. They rip out pages from their coloring books and bring markers to pass out to the children. Righteous always shows them how to open up the markers and then colors in a small part of the drawing so that they understand what to do. Righteous also got to help out pour the big liquid medicine into smaller containers and kept talking about that many days later. There was a pregnant woman that came that was tremendously swollen on her hands and ankles. She was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. I was already beginning to drive back home when Jason called me back and asked me to take her to the government hospital. What an opportunity to pray throughout the way and serve. Her brother and mother accompanied her. Please be praying for her life and for the little baby inside.
 |
| Children watching and waiting to be seen |
 |
| Righteous passing out coloring sheets and markers |
 |
| The nurse that helps us each week, holding Samara |
 |
| Holly filling out the medicine envelopes |
No comments:
Post a Comment