Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Provision of the Father and whats next.........

The Totes beginning to be packed for the trip home

Our Best impersonation of Hoarders
Hello Friends and Fam!  We are still in New York for those that were wondering.  I have however been given a clean bill of health to travel and resume all normal activities!  So we have booked our return tickets for September 11th to return home!  We would have been able to go sooner but since the fire happened in Nairobi there were many canceled flights so the back up was through August and into September. The day I had to e hospitalized I started to pack our totes they are filled with many things to take home. A new set of pots and pans, new sheets, diapers, foods, new home school curriculum. And so much more.We are allowed to carry 16 bags so we make sure to make the most of it any extra space gets filled with diapers and cereal! Sounds weird I bet but if you come see us you will understand I promise.

You can see our bags that we have been living out of for over 6 months now! We are so ready to be home again to unpack and get the kids back in a routine. And get back to work!
How I spent my 6 days in the hospital

The girls sending me messages on the camera because they were not allowed to come see me

Me sending them messages back




This is my room at Mather Hospital where I spent those 6 days. With my trusty IV pump helping me to get well and fight off the infection.  A 6 day hospital stay is pretty expensive over $25,000 dollars yikes! We are still sorting out the logistics of this but it looks like God has it covered from several angles!
    I had to see an infectious disease doctor while in the hospital and a consultation with them is over $800 dollars.  This doctor is a friend of Rebekah's mother who works at Mather. He told me when I receive the bill for the consultation to give it to Bernadette(Rebekah's mom) and have her give it to him because we don't need to pay it! Amazing right! What kinda doctors do that! This one did and he didn't stop there! The oral antibiotics I had to be on in order to be discharged was $300 dollars a pill and I needed to be on it for 15 days twice per day.  The doctor called the people who distribute the medicine and got a $3000 dollars prescription for me for free. All I had to do is go to CVS and pick it up! Pretty amazing right? I don't mean to talk so much about money but I just want to explain the goodness of God and how He knows our needs and provides in all types of ways!

And He didn't stop there to change our tickets to fly back is only going to cost us $25.00 dollars per ticket! And He provided a very nice van for us from the Phelps family at Tuckerswamp our home church! So many provisions so many answers to prayer! Thank you Lord for your goodness and provision! Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes! We love you guys!
                          Jason

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome things are rolling along.God is Good all the time to those that trust in him. I just asked Eric if he heard yet if your family made it to Kenya. We got stuck an extra day in Africa. Ethiopia.
We send our prayers to you and your beautiful family.
Helen Tower

Casey said...

God is good, all the time :)

Billy Edwin said...

What happened bro? Hope everything goes well while there.

Blessings!