Thursday, September 5, 2013

9/11

It is less than a week now when we will be finally flying out to Kenya, on 9/11. I say finally because we were all geared up and ready to originally fly out on Aug 11th but with Jason's infection as well as the Nairobi airport catching on fire- the Lord had different plans. This last month has made me feel a little like we are waiting in limbo. I wonder if the Lord allowed us to get delayed to protect us from something. Perhaps He had us remain here to take part in something Stateside a little longer. Maybe He had more to teach us before returning to the missionfield. Whatever it is I just didn't want to miss it. I have soaked in this time in New York that we were never expecting on having. Jason and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary at Yankee Stadium (in which Ichiro hit his 4,000 hit to mark our special day). We were able to to do one more trip to the lovely Todd family and see my sister and her family again. It has also been so nice to make all these extra memories with my mom as well as my Aunt Diane and Uncle Vinnie and their family. 

Most importantly the Lord has emphasized a certain passage in scripture for me during this time. The first time it came up was when we were all in Joshua and Erika Foster's wedding. We walked down the aisle to the song Ocean by Hillsong United. It is inspired by Peter getting called out to walk along the water with Jesus. Stepping out without fear. Until the wind came. He lost focus of who he was walking too. Lost sight of going toward Jesus. As we get ready to leave on 9/11 a day that will always mark history as a scary tragedy this begins my step out on the waves and going to Jesus.

Oceans
You call me out upon the waters
the great unknown
where feet may fail
And there I find you in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When ocean's rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours and you are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand 
will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed
and you won't start now

Spirit lead me where my trust is without boarders
Let me walk upon the water
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger 
In the Presence of my Savior






1 comment:

Renee Stocks said...

Praying and praying for your home, and your ministry.