Hello Family, Friends, and Followers,
As most of you know we were supposed to fly back to Kenya tonight. We were very excited but we have run into some unexpected delays. On Wed last week the International arrivals terminal and Immigration wing of the airport in Nairobi that we fly into caught on fire. It started as a small fire but the Kenyan fire department is not known for their great preparation or promptness so it did quite a bit of damage destroying most of that wing of the airport. It has been determined that the fire was caused by an electrical fault of wiring.
Luckily we had not traveled yet so we were not stranded anywhere as a result of this. Our friends and coworkers, the Kelly family, was stranded in London for a few days. As I told them I am so sorry that happened to them but I counted my blessings not being stranded there with my little kiddos. So we were anticipating being delayed in our going to Kenya because of the fire. We were right that we would be delayed but we were also wrong because it would have nothing to do with the fire.
Saturday last week I (Jason) noticed a small bump that looked like an ingrown hair on my left knee. So being me I popped it and it drained and I thought nothing of it. The next day it doubled in size and continued to grow larger and more painful even after I was placed on oral antibiotics. Eventually my knee was so swollen and painful I could not bend it at a 90 degree angle. I noticed the swelling moving past my knee to my lymph node and realized that I needed to go to a hospital. I was in the ER and admitted within 45 minutes before any tests or results were reached because of the severity of the swelling and look of wound. I was diagnosed with cellulitis and was starting to go toxic. My white counts were 14000 and had a fever. They cut my knee open and drained it and started me on IV antibiotics. Which is where I have been since Thursday in the hospital being treated with IV antibiotics. I am not sure how much longer I will be here but I rest in knowing that God is in control and He's got my back. I canceled our flights because obviously we won't be able to leave today.
We aren't sure when we will go but we do know we will go back to Kenya as soon as I am healthy enough to travel. Don't worry I promise I will have medical clearance before we go! I will keep you guys posted on whats going on. Please pray for Bekah and the kiddos so much fall on her having to do a lot by herself with me being laid up in here. You can also pray that God will provide a vehicle for us to use for however long we will have to be here and finances to cover the change fees and differences in airfare for re-booking out tickets.
Just a testimony of God's faithfulness I did not have insurance that would cover this situation but this hospital had accepted me as a charity care patient on Monday last week. When you are accepted as a charity care patient all your medical at this hospital is covered for a full year from your acceptance. WOW God knew I was gonna need that and He provided!!! I do have to apply for Medicaid and I should be eligible to get that but even if I don't it will be covered talk about relieving stress because my bill was over 5000 dollars 12 hours into my stay here!
Its just a lesson that shows us He doesn't cause everything that happens but when we look closely we will always see His hand preparing for what is coming always taking care of His beloved! It doesn't mean that no bad things will ever happen to us but that when they do we will know He was with us all along.
Grace and Peace love you all
Jason
3 comments:
Hmm, Why didn't you put any pictures of your knee on the blog? It was good to see you! I am praying for you!
Thank you for the update, Jason, and the God-glorifying response to your circumstances. I, also, have been thanking God that you and Bekah were not stranded with all your little ones. I am praying that you will be filled with peace as you embrace what God has allowed, and as you wait on whatever is coming next. I have and will continue to pray for Bekah's strength, a vehicle, and financial support too.
Post a Comment