Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Serving the Almighty God

There is no higher calling.

This was a theme of out team devotional last week during our retreat. It was a time to get together in Nairobi and go back to the basics. Whom do we serve? The living God. It is up to me how much I want to get to know Him. How much time do I want to spend seeking Him in His word. How much of the word's that come from my mouth will please Him and edify Him. This is not only a challenge to those in ministry. This is a question to ask all that are followers of Christ. We serve the Almighty God. There is no higher calling.

Our leader, Dan, read from Haggai 2:6-7. This passage is SO EXCITING! I began to chew on it the first day he shared. Now it has been re-stirring in my heart since then and has been giving me so much hope for every person I meet and think of.

verse 6 & 7
"This is what the Lord Almighty says; 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. It will shake all nations, and the desired of nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,' says the Lord Almighty."

Jesus is coming again! In every person- in every nation- there is a desire inside of them for Jesus- He is the Desired of the Nations! I am bursting to shout HALLELUJAH! As we serve here in Kenya, we have heard it been said that those we live around are unreachable. They will never believe. I am proclaiming these scriptures in my heart that the day is coming when Jesus will return. All will know and believe. SO EXCITING.

So I have posted pictures below of our time in Nairobi with our team. We were all invited to a movie premier of "The Distant Boat" a movie about a Kenyan man being called into missions. The movie was filmed in Kenya and all the actors are Kenyans. The actors watched the movie with us and even took pictures on the red carpet. We also got our team's picture on the carpet- but I didn't get a copy of that- just right before. Then the last pictures are from right before we went to Nairobi. We got to go the medical clinic twice. Laura came to visit, love her! It brings me such joy being around her and going to visit people with her in my town. We cannot wait to attend her wedding in December- but that is to talk about another time ;)
Jason leading worship


The team worshipping

Communion

Laura's fiance holding Samara

On the red carpet before the group picture

At the movie premier

At the clinic


teaching the little ones to paint

lovely Laura bagging the medicine with Righty


Laura cutting the cake at a neighbour's house

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Great to see what God is doing!

Billy Edwin said...

I am happy to see the family growing and the work of God through you guys is still moving on.