Monday, December 2, 2013

Life Giving

We have been on the mission field for a little over 5 years now. Life is not what I thought it would be before coming here. I did not realize how slow almost everything happens. Just to have a cup of clean drinking water first has to go through the process of being filtered and can take about 30 minutes or longer. It can take some time to make friends. There are many differences besides just our skin color and our faith. There are many stereotypes of who I am as an American- many with a negative outlook. It takes time to break those and build trust. The one way I can get through all the barriers here is prayer. The most amount of time I get to pray is while I am driving. All the sights I see trigger me to go before God as we pass many mosques, poor children, and even as I drive through obstacles of animals crossing everywhere and some big dips on the unpaved road.
Prayer is lifegiving for me. It gives me strength when I just feel plain tired. It takes away my fears when I am anxious. It allows me to place burdens into God's hands so that I no longer have to carry them around.
Other lifegiving avenues into my soul have been singing songs both with worship music and as well as on my own. Taking the time to see what the words are saying and then mean them from my heart. Another way is just watching my children play. Not being to busy with other things but just delight in each daughter's personality. Each one thinks a certain way. Each one reacts a little bit different than the other. They are growing in their relationship with the Lord and it is beautiful for me to watch. I also like to have a good book to read. One that I can look forward to getting into when the duties of the day have come to an end. Lastly spending time with other believers is incredibly life giving. We can give each other the message of hope, joy, and perseverance. We had a great time last week being in Nairobi for Thanksgiving and then celebrating with Laura at her Bridal shower. What is lifegiving for you?










No comments: