Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Live from Nairobi

Jason has been in Virginia for five days now with his family at Richmond Hospital. I will let him post about his time when he gets a chance. The day before he left we were able to celebrate Righteous's 7th birthday! I wanted her to know how beautiful she is and to make her day filled with beauty treatments. My girls are absolutely girlie. They want to put on make up everyday, the love to sing and dance. We you tube both gymnastics and ballet so they can practice what they see. They all asked for a baby doll for Christmas with beautiful clothes to dress the doll. All that to say they already understand beauty and are really into it- even living in a fairly remote place.
I felt it laid on my heart to write her a journal with scripture verses about  how God does not noticing the outer appearance of man but looks at the heart. (Like in Samuel when he was going to anoint David as the next King, and throughout the New Testament it talks about not being consumed with braided hair and jewels, but having a gentle, quiet spirit. etc) I wanted Righteous to know that we were going to have a fun day but for her to not forget the most beautiful part of her was what is inside. That is the part Jesus cares about. I have posted pictures of our day. We went around the house putting on costumes, a mask on our face, perfume, and worked on coloring princess and castles. Then lastly Jason washed each girls feet with body wash. He dried them. And then he massaged lotion on them. I wrote about Jesus doing that for his disciples in Righteous's journal. We are stilling talking about this day as they miss their Daddy a lot. We have skyped him just about everyday and they always say "We didn't want you to go". Jas and I both explain to them that he will be back soon and he needed to be there in Virginia during this difficult time. We love him and miss him terribly. At the same time we are blessed to be staying with the Germo family, we are having a blast being with them in Nairobi.

The last pictures I put up are from Laura's bridal shower. It was my very first bridal shower to have attended in Kenya. Thank you pinterest for wonderful game ideas. We played What is in your pocket, How well do you know the bride? and the make a bridal dress out of toilet paper. We got Abdi's answers for the same questions we had to guess for Laura and made her answer them-by guessing what he said. (I am not sure if that makes sense but it was a great way to get to know Abdi and Laura better ;) We are so excited to be going to their wedding on the beach of Mombassa in just a few weeks! Yes that means Christmas at the beach this year! CAN NOT WAIT!












1 comment:

extraspecialbitter said...

Thank you for posting these photos of the girls. I miss them so much!