![]() |
| We often see people sitting on the side of the road. |
I wanted to take a bunch of pictures of our drive from our town to the big city. We have such a unique terrain and it makes the five hour drive very interesting. One of our friends has made a "Road trip Bingo" for our area- that we like to give to the College students when they are first arriving. In it includes spotting the wildlife- donkeys, baboons, warthogs, camels and goats. We pass fields of pineapples that seem to go on forever. We pass tea plants and coffee beans. As we get closer to Nairobi the area gets greener and fuller. We pass many small towns and sometimes it is market day where everyone is together trying to sell the livestock they own. In everyplace you can see people sitting and talking. This is a value here in this culture, people oriented. There is always time for greetings and to catch up on how the family is doing, business, life.
After living in a place for awhile everything around you becomes normal and you forget to not take things for granted. I have always heard the advice to take as many pictures as you can during the first few weeks of getting to a new place because after that you settle in and the camera can be forgotten. One reason I blog is to share this amazing country to those that would never be able to make it to come here. I also want to share what I am learning- the learning never stops! I try to remind myself to take pictures once a week because I want to remember life as it is right now. I don't want it to pass me by and than I wonder where did the time go.
![]() |
| Me riding in the backseat. |
![]() |
| We stop at this one place to get a bunch of tangerines sugar cane green peas and other produce that the town grows. |
![]() |
| These women are doing a great job trying to sell their produce and giving greeting to our kids. |
![]() |
| Jason always says look at those beautiful flowers. (plastic bags everywhere) |
![]() |
| If you can zoom in this shop says Blessed Pork Center. |
![]() |
| As we were driving we looked ahead and asked "What in the world is that?" |
![]() |
| Sure enough it was a ship in the middle of the road- Where was it coming from? Back where we were driving is the semi-desert. |
![]() |
| There is always a lot of camels when we are driving closer to our town. Usually they are on the way to the butchery. |
.jpg)








1 comment:
Thank you for all of the pictures! I am full of wondering about that boat!
Post a Comment