Saturday, July 4, 2015

Festivities

 Last weekend we attended Baby Nathan's birthday party. It is so hard to believe he is 1 already. I have pictures of when his mom holding my girls when they were babies and now I get to see her with her own child, what a joy!

I got to lead some games at his party. I did ones that my mom taught me Red light, Green Light, 1,2,3 and Mother May I, and R-A-T-T-L-E-S-N-A-K-E. Nathan watched us, as he is still too little to participate. I know by next year he will be able to play a long.
The lady is with the purple scarf is Nathan's Great grandma.

Nathan's Aunt lighting the candle.

Nathan's beautiful Mom in the red dress.

Righteous feeding Nevaeh a treat.
 Yesterday we went to our teammates house to have a picnic to celebrate the 4th. I remember a few years ago we had a larger amount of Americans in our town, like the other interns, Peace Core Volunteers, and people working with NGO's (Non Government Organizations). For now it is just us and it was nice to get together. Emily made pasta salad and deviled eggs, cut up papaya and made brownies. After the clean up we all played Uno and Phase 10. The only fun we miss out on is the fireworks, but all in all it was a special day.




No comments: