Thursday, August 13, 2015

The break-down

 Yesterday, we were driving along on our way to Nairobi when suddenly there was a loud noise coming from the front tire. Jason was able to quickly maneuver to the side of the road where our traveling would come to an end for four hours.The front right ball joint broke which is basically like the car breaking its leg compound fracture style complete break! After the ball joint broke it bent the tire rod ends, cut the brake line, and ruing the front drive shaft. One thing led to another and another and another!  I am so thankful for so many things during this event.

1) I am thankful that we were totally fine, no one got hurt.
2) I am thankful for the location we broke down at, a place we could explore and not near a lot of
traffic.
3) I am grateful that we were in walking distance to a catholic church who allowed us to use there bathroom several times. (My girls have never ever been constipated, they go regularly to the bathroom each day)
4) I am grateful for Renee Stocks prayers and reminding us that God has a purpose even in the midst of these kinds of things.
5) I am thankful for the many people who stopped to see if we needed any help.
6) I am thankful that the two drunk men did not stay very long after checking out if we were okay.
7) I am thankful for Tim Kelly who came to our rescue.
8) I am very thankful for Teddy who is Jason's brother first, friend secondly, and faithful mechanic lastly. When we called him he was on the next bus to come to assist us.
9) I am thankful for the tow truck- although it broke down once, it was able to successfully bring our vehicle to the place to get fixed.
10) I am thankful for snacks that kept the hunger pains at bay and the water bottles we had bought earlier in the morning.

All in all there is so many things to be thankful for! There is a lot of damage that was done, but Teddy has already gotten our vehicle to be drivable again. Could you be praying we would be able to find all the parts we need at a reasonable price? If anybody would like to donate money towards our vehicle we would appreciate it so much!!

We watched so many cows, and goats walking along as we sat on the side of the road.

Some children came to stare at us for an hour ans mimic us talking.

There was so much land to explore.

There were many aloe vera plants.

The beautiful hills of Mwingi town in the distance.

Samara found some kinds of seeds to "cook" with.


Tim Kelly came to save the day.

Teddy is talking with Jason. Teddy arrived with the tow truck.


Hooking up to the tow truck.

3 comments:

extraspecialbitter said...

I'm glad everyone's okay and that the car is salvageable. Let's hear it for thoughtful drunks!

The Wittz said...

Thanks Dad. The classic drunk men are a must. My girls happened to notice that one of them had his nails painted purple-and it wasn't done neatly.

Renee Stocks said...

I'm continuing to pray. XO