For the past few weeks we were in Nairobi. We had some meetings with our team mates and feasted with one another for Thanksgiving. Then we had the count down of Nevaeh getting the pins removed from her bones. She had rays done which showed that a new bone was growing around the one that was broken. The pins were removed. We praise God that everything went well with that and now we are in the process of doing physical therapy everyday with her. It could be up to 1 or 2 years until she has full motion in her arm and fingers but we are trusting in God that it will be a lot less than that. I have resumed schooling and have had Nevaeh do her best using her left hand to do small writing assignments.
It is great to be back home despite the temperature rising and little insects trying to make their nests in closets and cabinets. Last week we all went to the farm for the first time after the weeks of us traveling. I was looking around and so impressed to see all the green and growth. I made a comment to one of the workers that the plants were so tall and looked very healthy. He shook his head and told me it was bad they are all weeds!! I went to Jason who was sitting under a tree and frustrated. He explained that some of the new seeds that were planted were getting choked out by the weeds. There wasn't really anything to be done to save them. In a few months after all the animals have eaten everything on the outside of the fence, the worers will pick the weeds on the harvest and give it to the animals.
That night I felt that the Lord was giving me a picture of how this is true of the people who live here. There is the gospel and truth that has been planted into some of their lives. But so many lies and deceit have spread. It can seem impossible to get rid of all the lies. Where do you even begin to uproot? We will wait and we will pray and there will be a time to begin. Not in our own timing but in God's. I do not know when that will be, but I will be ready.
![]() |
| On the way home. |
![]() |
| We know we are almost home when we start seeing camels heading towards our town. |
![]() |
| The shepherd of the many camels. |
![]() |
| For Righteous' birthday we bought her gum boots. She could not wait to wear them at the farm. |
![]() |
| The goat with the broken leg. |
![]() |
| His cast was made out of a water bottle. |
![]() |
| going to see all the plants. |
![]() |
| Jason sitting in the shade |
![]() |
| weeds |
![]() |
| weeds |
![]() |
| weeds |











2 comments:
Even after 30 years of faith, I am constantly blindsided by the very strange way God thinks & acts. And so lacking understanding, I respond in faith alone as I pray - Dear God, Thank you for the weeds. We wait to see the good You will bring from them, as we trust in Your goodness & promises & in the Powerful Name of Jesus Christ.
One good way to think of the weeds - where there are weeds there is growth. Where there is growth there is healing of the land. Where there is healing of the land there is hope for the future and better harvests.
Bernard
Post a Comment