 |
| The day after Nevaeh's surgery. |
"I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course." Jeremiah 10:23.
So often I have my own ideas of how things are going to happen. Even before we arrived here in Kenya 7 years ago, we made plans of what ministry would like. We were going to partner with a big organization and run the community development department for them. That lasted for the first year we were here but after interpersonal disunity it was best for us to cut ties. Almost immediately after that is when the proposal came to donate money in order to build an agricultural training farm somewhere in our community. That was not even in our minds as we came to the mission field but we can see how the Lord had that orchestrated from the beginning. The farm has really open up doorways. I can also see how God has planned out for us to meet specific people throughout all these years. We have made some amazing friendships that are life giving into us. Many of those friends partner with us in one way or another, some through prayers across the ocean, some work along side us here on the ground. I know the Lord has set that down for me- there is no way I could do that on my own.
Depsite the many blessing in my life, there are times of hardship with sickness, pain, and sorrow. I sometimes wonder when a problem occurs such as a breakdown with our vehicle- if the Lord was preventing a bad car accident further in the journey. I may never know the answer to that and that is okay with me. During those difficult times we do need His help (patience) and guidance to make it through.
A little over a week ago we were in Nairobi to do orientation for the new interns that have arrived. Then Jason traveled with them to Tanzania to bring them to language school. I stayed at the lovely Kelly family house with the girls and was able to proceed on in homeschooling. Jason returned from traveling and had to go to a meeting, but we planned to return back to Gtown on Saturday. On Friday Nevaeh tripped fell and had a complete break on her humerus bone. Our plan to go back home would be pushed aside until she was on the road to recovery and there is no way anyone could tell how long that would be. I do not know why God allowed this to happen. My girls have fallen numerous amounts of times and have never broken anything. Nevaeh did not fall from a high height, she simply tripped over a curb. It really is mind boggling how the break happened. Chrissy Kelly immediately prayed to Jesus for help as Nevaeh was screaming. It is so comforting knowing that we can call upon Jesus, the healer, in these moments. These times help me to trust Him more and go to Him with all my worries and fears-there is definitely a lot.
My girlies are always asking me, "Are we going anywhere today?" It can be so hard to answer that. On most days we need to keep plucking away with school. Fortunately when we do, we can finish by lunchtime or just a little after that. There are many places we could go and people we could visit. Some days sickness can force us to rest. Then other days we get invited to do something in town. I have learned to take things one day at a time. It is needed to plan and schedule things for the future but to always hold them with a loose grasp. I use to get upset when things didn't go according to plan. Now I try to look what the Lord might have for me-whether to teach me/mold me or a gift to bestow on me, when those plans come to a stop.
"In His heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9
 |
| The hospital rules do not allow children under 10. They were so gracious with us. |
 |
| This was Righteous first time away from Nevaeh. She was so ecstatic to be able to see her. |
 |
| Back together at the Kellys home dancing to a praise song. |
 |
| As much as we can we are trying to play games and not be so active during Nevaeh's recovery. |
 |
| Crafting. |
 |
| One of our amazing life giving friends visits Gtown pretty regularly. |
2 comments:
My heart went out to Righteous when I read this. My sister is 10-months younger than I am & she was my living security blanket. She started Sunday School a year early because I was so afraid to be without her. :)
My heart went out to Righteous when I read this. My sister is 10-months younger than I am & she was my living security blanket. She started Sunday School a year early because I was so afraid to be without her. :)
Post a Comment