There are seasons where I hear here about death weekly. Sometimes I know the person who has passed away personally but other times I see one of my friends going through this loss. One this happens there is either a little bit of Comfort in knowing the person that has passed away will be spending eternity with the Lord, and I will get to see them again someday. But for those that do not believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, it can bring me deep sadness and even regret.
As I live here in Kenya, most of the people do know of Jesus, as a prophet though, not the Savior. I am sure there are still those living deep into the bush that have never heard of Him because they practice animism. My constant prayer is that God would give these people dreams that reveal who He is. Last week Righteous had the opportunity to tell one of my neighbors that Jesus died on the cross for her sins and that He is the true God and He rose again. Righteous also told her if she doesn't believe then she will go to hell. My neighbor listened and noticed the deep concern in my daughters face. But she kindly told all of us she simply does not agree and believe. What I am always amazed by are the changes I see in the friendships I have made here. Often times when I first meet them they are a little suspicious and guarded. As each year has passed the friendships have grown and we look out for one another. We can celebrate holidays and mourn miscarriages. My neighbors are very welcoming and invite me into their homes where they will serve chai and food with the little finances they have. We talk, laugh, and get a chance to pray together, and of course I bring a craft to do with the children. When I watch my friends I see the fruits of the Spirits flowing out of them- and these people are suppose to be my enemies. Ultimately I see Jesus in them. It makes me wonder if I will see them again someday in heaven. Perhaps they have never professed with their mouth certain things but maybe they have secretly before God. I really do not have the answer to this but it really gets me thinking.




 |
| We did a caterpillar craft |
 |
| Looking outside. |
 |
| The living room. |
 |
| Righteous knows how to take selfies. |
 |
| Playing Jenga. |
2 comments:
This is a beautiful post. Your genuine care & concern for your friends shines through & brings to mind Paul's words about love being the most important thing for us to offer others. May you radiate the love of Christ to those He has placed you among, I ask in Jesus' Name.
This is a beautiful post. Your genuine care & concern for your friends shines through & brings to mind Paul's words about love being the most important thing for us to offer others. May you radiate the love of Christ to those He has placed you among, I ask in Jesus' Name.
Post a Comment