Monday, March 28, 2016

The Mani Conference


3 weeks ago I had the privilege to attend the MANI (Movement of African National Initiatives) Consultation in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I was blessed to be one of 600 delegates to represent the different nations and ministries on on great continent.

Tim and I waiting at the bus stop for a bus to take us to the hotel in Addis Ababa

Opening ceremony inside the Mandela room at the AU HQ
I have to say the timing was not ideal for me to attend the conference but the Lord knew what He was doing!  I was tremendously blessed to be at this consultation.  I made so many great contacts in Kenya and around the continent.  Please understand I am not a fan of many long days and meetings, but the time was beneficial and well spent. My vision and passion for God's work was renewed refreshed, and rejuvenated.
Pics of African heads of State

More heads of State

Tim. Jeff, Sam, and I the Bethany leaders for the African continent

Flags for the Continent

More flags 

Main portion of the AU HQ building a beautiful facility
There were so many amazing aspects to the experience. We held the meeting in the African Union Head quarters in Ethiopia. We sat where many of the heads of state for this great continent would have sat to discuss the continental issues.









As you can see many of the pictures leaders of past and present are still represented in the AU.













The first president of Kenya in features top the second from the right, Jomo Kenyatta. Currently his son Uhuru Kenyatta is the president of Kenya now.












This was an awesome part of the consultation  the West African aspect of Bethany combined with the East Africans. What an amazing work that God is doing in Ghana through Jeff and his family and Sam and his family!  Lord please continue to bless them and provide us ways to pray for and encourage one another! God is so good to us even when we are not expecting it!



























Who knew that God would use 5 days of meetings in Ethiopia to refresh and rejuvenate me and my vision here..... Not me but He did! It encouraged me to keep on pushing through and that I am most certainly not alone in this task! There are many Africans just as exited as myself to reach the lost of their continent Now thats amazing! All Praise. glory. and honor to you Jesus!

1 comment:

Renee Stocks said...

I'm so glad to read you returned refreshed & energized. It's so encouraging to be with like-minded believers.