Sunday, March 6, 2016

Cornerstone Nashville Team


Some produce going to market
 It's been too long since I have updated you guys on the new developments on the farm.  Two weeks ago we had a team from Cornerstone Nashville. Cornerstone has been a partner to the farm for about a year and half now they provided the funds used to purchase the tractor and to upgrade to a bigger water pump!  They did all of that without ever seeing the farm in person.  This was the first of what we hope will become many teams they sent out to us to help us with some major building projects!
 Being that this was the first time we had physically worked together none of us really knew what to expect.  But God knew he prepared these guys and handpicked them! they were such a tremendous blessing to our family and the farm! They really worked!  In only 3 days they put up the farm/shed storage room structure halfway completed a 20 x 20 kitchen and built two shower houses. They also ministered to me personally it was refreshing to be with a group of men who love Jesus and gave from their time to serve God with their gifts!
Tractor shed/ Workshop



 These guys blessed me tremendously in so many ways! It was a great time of fellowship and bonding.  I asked each of them if they would be willing to share about their perspective and experience from their time on this trip. They said so many encouraging things about me and my family I wrestled with posting them because I do not want to come across as prideful or arrogant.  In the end I felt I should post them, as you read their testimonies know that Jesus gets all the glory its all for Him! Praise God for His grace and mercy on our lives here may He continue to be glorified and praised through how we love others and pour ourselves out! Please when you read these testimonies be encouraged about the amazing things that Jesus is doing here on the farm! He is a great God and will be praised among the nations!
Kitchen almost complete


Being able to serve God at the farm was an amazing and rewarding experience. As a father of two daughters, all I can think about is how faithful God is to protect and provide for His children even in harsh and volatile environments. It was an honor to serve on this mission trip and to use my God given talents to bring honor and glory to His Kingdom. The farm will be forever etched upon my heart. I am expecting God to do great and mighty things on the farm. With Love Aaron
 I've been blessed and privileged to travel literally all over the world and have seen some amazing places, but I can't think of one place that will stand out more in my mind than the farm. It was by for the harshest climate I've ever been in and I would do it all over again. Seeing what God is doing there through Jason is truly awesome. What empresses me the most is the level of work ethic, knowledge, and handle Jason has on this very dangerous area of Africa. It's really nice to see a missionary with that level of passion for a people, most would discard. He's earned their respect not because he can just preach to them but because he's proven to be an asset to their community and truly serve the people with more than lip service that we as Christians are way too good at. Incredible ministry and unbelievable family! When are we going back?! Zak



From Johnny: As I sit here back in Tennessee, it's raining and 40 degrees. I reflect back to just a week and a half ago. It was HOTT! Jason, what a blessing to have met you and your wonderful family. Such a true blessing and wonderful man of God you are. Your heart for the men and women of G town is out of this world. I have bragged on you for your work and was truly blessed to be able to serve along side of you while in G town. I pray many blessings over you and your family as well as your work. You ARE making a difference. I would come back to help anytime, no matter how hot and hard the conditions. Thanks for all you do. Johnny




Framing the roof on the kitchen
From Jerry: Jason, what an amazing trip! Thank you for risking it all so others can know Jesus. I told my wife when I got home that you are living out your mission. You don't just talk about it. God called you to a place where others would say no and you said here I am! I have been on many mission trips to Africa, Ecuador, and Thailand but the conditions in G town were as harsh as I have ever been in, and still every day you work so others will see Jesus! Thank you for giving so much!
Mutua plastering the floor in the kitchen






Jason,

I heard from Rob that you were writing a newsletter about our time there and would like to have some testimony from us.  I would be elated to do that!

As I told you in person, I am in completely in  awe of what you are personally doing and the transformation you are making to the land on your farm and the in the lives of the people you are influencing.  I am personally  aligned with the approach you are taking in making inroads for Christianity, God’s promise and the message of Jesus in a hostile part of the world.  Your willingness to put ALL you have on the line for God  and the souls of others is inspirational to everyone exposed to what you are doing – and to personally witness it is beyond awesome! The love you are showing to the people in the Gtown area is and will continue to be returned to you……  David

There have been many missions trips to several countries in Africa that i have been a part of and many that I led. I have to say that this particular trip was by far the best. It is great to work with a missionary that risks it all in an area that if you are not a benefit to the community, well, you may be eliminated. I have not had a missionary that has the abilities and work ethic that Jason exudes. Even though this team was handpicked, it usually does not end up where we are on the same page as much as this time. This was the best team effort I have seen in the harshest climate we have been in for a while. When you have a leader like Jason that truly has a heart for the people that are some of the hardest to reach, it makes everything fall into place. I would go back here where i felt the least safe in a long time in a second. Kudos to a missionary that acts old school! Rob
.
Chuck was to be a member of this team but passed on unexpectedly all the building are dedicated in his memory

From Bill: Jason as I wrote earlier it was an Honor to be able to serve your ministry in Kenya. I too believe that the conditions meaning the heat was the hardest weather I have faced in 9 missions. Your ministry is by far the most dedicated work that I have seen. After growing up as a child in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia I fully understand the stumbling blocks that you face daily. Your wife and girls were such an inspiration in very hot conditions, thank you for introducing our team to them they are wonderful.Additionally, it is quite clear that your ministry is where the rubber meets the road and it is quite clear that you are willing to put it all on the line. In spite of the expected dangers in this region, upon arrival I knew within hours that our prayers had gone before us and prepared a place of sanctuary. Your team made us feel welcome and protected and I look forward to another opportunity to serve beside you. I was very much Blessed when I went out early the second morning at 4.00 A.M. where able to pray for our team your ministry and our good friend Chuck Heads family. Being under the stars in the presence of the Holy Spirit was priceless. God answers prayers and I just wanted to serve your ministry and make our good friend Chuck proud. I seemed to get approval from above and felt very happy that we were able to serve the Kingdom. It was a very special time with the Lord and I again thank You and your lovely family for their hospitality and Gods love. May God continue to Bless you with every asset to meet the kingdoms needs. In closing again many Thanks from your friend in Tennessee and God Bless you. Bill

From: Neil I had the awesome privilege of traveling to G town. With the element of danger to our mission because of where we were going, the comradery and unity in the group of 11 men (Jason included) was incredible! It gave me a glimpse of what it may have been like to have been a disciple back in Jesus' time. It also allowed me to see the whole "body" at work. None of us lives to himself, Romans 14:7. We are responsible for other souls spiritually before God. Oswald Chambers says, "If I allow private deflection from God in my life, everyone about me will suffer. If one member suffers, all members suffer with it." This is what Jason modeled before us. He was willing to be broken bread and poured out wine.




2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Stocks said...

I am not surprised by any of the teams comments. XO!