Saturday, August 20, 2016

Travels coming to the end

This Furlough we have traveled so much. We have traveled to see many people that we love a lot. Goodbyes never get easier. There are so many emotions I have as I get ready to leave the family that is here in America. I have gotten to hold a brand new niece just a few weeks ago- I LOVE babies. It is hard for me to believe that next time I see her and all the other nieces and nephews they will each be 3 years older. ( We have 7 nieces and 4 nephews). There is so much that will happen in their lives that we will miss out on. We have also gotten to visit  churches that support us. They have showered us abundantly with gifts. As we go we know their is a group of Saints that will be lifting us up in prayer daily. 

One thing I purchased since we have been here is the "Jesus story book Bible". Its words have brought me a confidence in Who I follow and Why I do what I do. My life is for Him. Here is the beginning of the book:
"No, the Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a Story. It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne-everything- to rescue the one he loves. It's like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life!
You see, the best thing about this Story is- it's true. There are lots of stories in the Bible, but all the stories are telling one Big Story. The Story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them,
It takes the whole Bible to tell this Story. And at the center of the Story, there is a baby. Every Story in the Bible whispers his name. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle-the piece that makes all other pieces fit together, and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture. "
Waiting in the airport when we were going to Minnesota.

One of many road trips in the car.

Got to send time with Titus.

Trying to fly a kite.

Success in flying a kite.

This is my roommate if my senior year in college. She always painted my nails and she painted all my daughters nails.

My roommate from my Freshman and Sophmore year of college just adopted a beautiful baby named Selah. We are admiring her. 

My friend Blair put eggs in an incubator so that we could watch them hatch.

The girls named all the chickens.

On our way to New York.

We can see the New York skyline in the distance.

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

Praying for you all regularly!

Renee Stocks said...

Praying for you all regularly!