Thursday, September 8, 2016

Our first week back in Kenya

Chai break
One thing that pops into my mind immediately is it is so normal to set foot on Kenyan ground and live here. We arrived in Nairobi late on Friday night and all the girlies were hungry. Jason was able to go get us food at midnight which included: Skuma/spinach (Skuma is collard greans), fries, Ugali, fried pork meat, goat meat, and rice. We all devoured it. And then went straight to bed. Everyone slept in until almost noon the next day. Thank you Jetlag!

We are blessed to be able to stay at the Kelly's home while they are in Furlough. They run a publishing ministry here. The staff that work for them have been our friends for so many years and it is amazing how we can jump right into our relationships with them again. The 4 girls love being able to hang out with the staff for the chai break and lunch each day. Samara likes to help in any way she can- like cutting up the leafy vegetables. It is so good to be here.

I have confessed to many people that I have not yet finished up last school year. We were able to do as much as we could over the summer in America. Now that we are back, I am trying to go as fast as we can so that we can start the new school year. There is a beautiful wooded area right across the driveway and we were able to read some of the school books there today. Nevaeh's birthday was in August and she asked for a camera (thank you Aunt Ashley for getting her one!) Nevaeh uses it all the time and reminds me of Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone (except he was video taping everyone). I have been trying to teach all the girls different how to take pictures from different angles so they took turns practicing and I posted them below.

Samara is on her 3rd cup!



Preparing the greens for the next few weeks

Charis and Samara helping

Skuma and Ugali for lunch

walking to find the perfect spot


"There is no place like home!"






This is what Samara does when we were learning.

4 comments:

Jennifer Hall said...

Love this! I'm thinking with Nevaeh getting a camera tool be in more of the photos Bekah! So fun to see a familiar place - I love that I can say I've been there :)

Unknown said...

Your just a beautiful family. Praying this new year of adventures go well and are exciting!

Renee Stocks said...

I so enjoy your posts because they are a beautiful mingling of everydayness AND godliness!

Renee Stocks said...

I so enjoy your posts because they are a beautiful mingling of everydayness AND godliness!