![]() |
| My birthday fell on a Thursday which is a medical clinic day. The girls are talking with their good friends outside of the clinic. |
I have delivered a baby in the bathtub in Kenya, Africa.
I have been carjacked.
I have had to evacuate immediately and relocate to a different country for a few months.
I was born in the North and married a man from the South.
I was a virgin on my wedding day.
I am the eldest of five children and have nearly 30 cousins.
My mom's mom is still alive as well as both of my Dad's parents.
I graduated from a college that costed $3,500 total for the 4 years.
Those are the big ones. The hook sentences that are suppose to lead the reader to want to know more, or to want to ask questions. In those above statements each one is true, but only tell a brief portion of the greater story.
When Charis arrived 5 weeks early the Lord's presence was with me in the bathroom. I had so much of His peace.
When I was carjacked, with the Germo Family, we saw God's hand of protection and an answer to our silent prayers.
When we were evacuated and relocated we learned to be nomads. Now we can relate to the people who we live amongst. We even have several restaurants called Nomads because of the people who live here.
I was born in Glencove New York which is on Long Island. Jason was born in Florida but the majority of his childhood was in Virginia. There are cultural differences in these different states which give us our separate memories.
The only way I was a virgin on my wedding day was because of the grace of God. I use to give myself the credit. But it is only because of the Lord.
I was a bossy firstborn. I made my siblings do songs and plays while my parents were at work. I learned how to share and was never lonely. Still to this day I never choose to be alone, I am used to having my family around, they are my favorites.
Last year we got to see my grandparents as well as Jason's. It is such a treasure to be with them because we never know when will be the next time.
I am so grateful for the education I received, and appreciate it even more so because I am a female. In this town many girls never complete primary school. They are married as teenagers and pregnant with their first child within a year. I was able to graduate debt free. I do not take this for granted.
Jesus Christ's sacrificing His life for me is what I live for on a daily basis. He died so I can live with hope. Because of Him I have 1 year and a half freedom of panic attacks that are due to the big hook sentences. Because of Him I married the love of my life who has the same dreams as mine, to love those who do not know Jesus in a foreign land. I praise Him for entrusing me to four daughters to teach and train up to love Him and love one another. I don't know what will come in this next year.
I desire that He will be seen in me even greater than all the years in my past.
![]() |
![]() |
| I made chocolate cake with chocolate icing to give to the patients. |
![]() |
| Charis helping with the craft. |
![]() |
| A traditional way to celebrate is to get henna done. |










4 comments:
So enjoyed your reflections! I find that taking time to look back occasionally helps me see what God has been doing in & through me. Thank you for the peek into what He had been doing in your life. XO
Your life and is so amazing and awesome to me!! You are right, those are defiantly great hooks that even though I know you and the story already I want to read it again!! I hope you had a special day and love you for sharing your life with me!
Love,Love Every word of this!!!
Oh to be 34 again! Seriously, Rebekah, this is very well-written. I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday - an unusually bright and sunny day at the end of April. Where does the time go?
Post a Comment