 |
| Looking out of my bedroom is the waiting room. |
My friend Jenny is an excellent midwife. She has "caught" and/or assisted well over 300 babies in the birthing process. Her 6 year old daughter knows all about pre-natal care and labor and delivery from watching her Mom through out the years. Sometimes she will play the labor and delivery game with her stuff animals and baby dolls. She could probably be able to give a more accurate description of what happens than most people!
We have gotten to visit schools in our town and interact with the children attending. One aspect that stand out to me is how aggressive the children are towards one another. They physically fight often. I am told they use abusive language that is pretty shocking. What immediately comes to mind is they are only acting out what they see on a day to day basis at home. What I see as violent behavior is a normal behavior to them. It gives me more of an understanding of why they doing what they are doing. It Also provides a specific way to pray for attributes of gentleness, kindness, patience, and forgiveness in the family structures.
It is fascinating for me to watch my girls play with one another. When they were younger I was a lot more involved in their games but now that they are older they come up with their own ideas. Last week I found them having their own medical clinic. They had made a waiting room in the hallway and Nevaeh was pretending to vomit all over the floor. They had a registration card to hand to Dr. Righteous when they went in for the consultation. I know the reason why they chose to play this is because of the opportunity we have to serve at a clinic every Thursday. I am always catching up with school because of it but it is worth it. I want to be more aware of the activities we are involved with because it shapes who my children will become. Even the way I live my life in my home counts. I want to be more of a cheer leader and less of a critic. I want to give more patience and less lectures. I want the times of grace to out number the times of punishment. There to be memories filled with laughter more then times of argument. I desire words of encouragement to come out of my mouth more than words to cut down. These are things I am working on and ultimately is how I want to be remembered as.
 |
| Righteous learns about medicine at the clinic on a Thursday. |
 |
| The waiting area at the clinic on a Thursday. |
 |
| Righteous caught me taking her picture, right before she gave the diagnosis to Charis. |
 |
| Nevaeh is blurry because she is pretending to vomit. |
 |
| Charis goes in as Samara finishes her time with the doctor. |
1 comment:
Your sentence, about wanting to be aware of the activities you are involved in because it shapes who your children become, immediately brought the thought to mind that this is true for all of us. The activities we are involved in shape who we become. Dear God, please bring activities to our lives that shape us into who You want us to become, I ask in Jesus' Name.
Post a Comment