Sunday, September 22, 2019

The mystery is made known Eph1:9

My friend Grace gave me 2 New Testaments in Arabic. I am waiting for the right timing to give them out.
 There are many things required of me, being a wife, a Mom, a missionary, a homeschool teacher and a leader of interns and there are lots of joys that come with this package. One of these joys is the chance to study scripture together which is part of the curriculum with my daughters and a Bible course with the college interns. This past Fridays class we got to dissect what "the mystery in Christ is" and what that means to us. In Ephesians 3:4-6 It explains that the mystery was not made known to men in other generations. Colossians 1:26 also says the same thing, "the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints."

Merriam-webster gives these definitions of Mystery:
1. Something not understood or beyond understanding
2. Profound, inexplicable, or secretive quality or character
3. A religious truth that one can know only by revelation and cannot fully understand.

So what is this Mystery? Ephesians 3:6 "This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. " Originally the Jews were the chosen people but now we are included in as His chosen! Can I hear a hallelujah! Now my family, although Gentiles, are apart of Abraham's offspring (Galatians 3:29) we are a fellow citizens with the Saints (Ephesians 2:19) and heirs of God (Titus 3:7). This knowledge is so humbling because there is nothing we have done to deserve this.  Since we believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus, Son of God,  "we shall not perish but have everlasting life". "Why should we gain from this reward, I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom."

All of us have been given the task to proclaim this mystery to others for it is available to all. It is for the people here in Gtown even though they are following a different religion. They are still Gentiles. "God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you (us), the hope of glory." Colossians 1:27. This is in the back of my mind in all that I do, to always be ready to tell of the wonders of Christ even if it is just to my children. Right now Righteous has been asking me to buy matching diras (local dresses) that her and I can wear on the same day(picture below). I know this feeling could drastically change in the fast approaching teenage years so for now I take advantage of this. As much as this delights my heart I want even more for her. I yearn that she chooses Christ in the days to come. That He would be her hope and peace through the tough times that life throws. And not just for Righteous but for all my daughters, that Christ would be the center also for Nevaeh, Charis and Samara. I pray that as we get invited to Islamic teachings in the homes of our neighbors (we have gone to 3 recently) and simply buy groceries in town, that people would see a difference in us. Most days we are simply at home for school. But this month we have had opportunities to go out for lunch with a friend, and meet a new baby that was born several months ago, we have also gotten to play all sorts of games as well as get all dressed up for a themed birthday party. (All pictured below). We are not lacking in anything but have everything, because we have Jesus.

I have the same request as Paul in Ephesians 6:19 "Pray also for me (us), that whenever I(we) open my(our) mouth(s), words may be given so that I (we) will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel." And my prayer is the same for you who reads this-which is that you will boldly share Jesus to those who you cross paths with each day. And for those who do not yet believe, my prayer is that you will seek after what this mystery is all about.

Some friends my girls spent time with at the Islamic teaching we attended.

Alexa has been investing into this baby's life, as well as his Mommy's. We finally got to meet him.

We prayed over him that he would grow up to fear the Lord.

We got to eat lunch with this sweet friend that we have known for over 10 years now.

We are matching!

Photo bombed.

Jorah giving a devotional for us one if the mornings of Orientation. 

Cheyanne giving a devotional.

My girls with Alexa, for Sarah's 80's themed birthday party.

Bethany's sister Anna came to visit for a week. They plated Taboo with my girls.

Here we are, Christ's ambassadors for Gtown!

1 comment:

Renee Stocks said...

Dear God, Waken us morning-by-morning to listen as those being taught. Bless us with instructed tongues. Cause us to know the word that sustains the weary. Jesus, please open our minds to understand the Scriptures, & open our mouths to speak ypur truth wherever & whenever your spirit prompts us to. Deliver us from all fear, & root us firmly in peace with you that causes us to always be ready to give an account for our hope to anyone who asks. I ask this all in the Name of Jesus Christ.