Sunday, April 10, 2022

Opening Homes and Hopefully Hearts

Kaleb walking A to see the finished house
   The Lord has used us together with our partners to launch this Build A Home Program for our farm workers. We have now completed 6 in total with many more to come. We can build one of these permanent homes for $3000 USD.  We look for partners to help us with the costs and then we deduct 20% of the cost from the workers salary. SO basically its a 80/20 split for a permanent house.  They are all upgrading from either mud huts/houses or grass huts called manyattas. We believe that these homes are tangible ways for bearing witness to the work of Jesus in this community.

The big day arrived to officially open the homes. One goat was butchered and roasted for each house, the speeches of thanks were given, prayers were made, and the Gospel was preached.  Visits to each house were made for the the photos and the blessings and prayers to go out. The new homeowners were like children on Christmas morning so proudly showing off their new homes.  It came time for the speeches and each person expressed their gratitude for the homes and the fact that they never thought they would ever have a permanent block house.  They encouraged the others that are waiting for their houses to be built to be patient and they would get their turn. over and over they expressed their gratitude to our family and Amos and Grace's family.

After the thanksgiving speeches I was given the floor for the closing word. I became overwhelmed with my emotions ( I  know big shocker) as I shared the Gospel again with them. Culturally its very strange for a man to cry here but I always get emotional when I share the Gospel with people. I especially get emotional when talking to the farm workers.  I watch them day in and day out try to meet a list of rules and regulations and "hope" they make the cut for heaven. Most of them were uncomfortable with me being emotional about it but I hope somehow it shows the sincerity of my heart for Jesus and for each of them.  I pleaded with them to give any praise, thanksgiving or credit to Jesus.  I once again told them how Jesus called us to this place to share His love and His free gift of eternal life with them. The same way we shared with them at Christmas about Jesus being our greatest gift. The last thing I asked them to do before we prayed was that if anyone were to ever ask them "Who built you this house?" or "how did you get this house?" Whether it be a passerby or their grandchildren or their great grandchildren,  I asked them to promise me that they would tell people Jesus built them this house because He loves them and He cares for them.

Would you pray with us that as we open these physical homes for people that Jesus would open up the homes of their heart and reside within each one of them!  That they would live their lives for Christ and know Him and the power of His death and resurrection for the saving of their souls!

 Please Jesus would they know you are the way, the truth, and the life and no one comes to God apart from You!

My beautiful wife with her bestie Grace going to see the houses

the ladies posed for a photo op

Mzee H the village headman works at the farm also

Mama H does not know we took this picture

M poses for her picture

I and K walking to see the houses

The Ukraine house

The Washington football team/ Minnesota Gopher house For A and his family

The avacado/kiwi house for A's Family

Keegan and my boy M grilling the meat

the official meeting

My bro Amos and his two sons Caleb and Joshua

the old man himself


H giving his thanksgiving speech

A giving his thanksgiving speech

Serving up the goat

So happy to eat goat meat and Pilau

Enjoying the food and the shade of the farm

 

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

Yes, yes, yes! A resounding, "Yes!", I have prayed, & will continue to pray, as you asked! Tears came to my eyes, as I read of your bold & passionate witness. I am asking God to have prepared the soil of the hearts of those who heard to receive the seeds you scattered. Thank you so much for taking the time to re-write your post, Jason!

Jordan S said...

In total agreement with Renee! You are following through with your expressed desire to be bold this term. God will honor that!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™