 |
| Train ride into Penn Station. Witt girls first time to New York City. |
 |
Famous Macy's behind me.
|
"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see Him with my own eyes- I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job 19:25-27
We have always flown into the JFK airport in New York for our Home Assignments in America. My Mom (along with my Uncle Vinnie and Aunt Diane) would welcome us at the airport with warm jackets, hats, gloves, scarves- you name it. Sometimes we would stop at All American to eat burgers after leaving the airport or eat snacks that Mom would have ready. Jason and I decided to fly into Minneapolis, Minnesota this time because it's the first time coming to the States since my Mom's passing. We put out a request to our friends in Minnesota for warm jackets and were overwhelmed that all our needs were met in less than an hour.
I will always be grateful for the time I had with my Mom during the last weeks of her life. During that time I got to grieve and prepare to say the final goodbye to her on earth. She battled with lots of anxieties and insecurities throughout the years but always held onto her faith in Jesus. As she was nearing death I was so impressed by how much she looked forward to seeing Jesus face to face- just like Job was so sure in the above scripture.
When we drove into stay with my Aunt Di and Uncle Vinnie (my Mom's brother) we passed by the funeral home that my Mom had entered to not only make arrangements but had also picked out her own casket that was lined with her favorite color peach. Weeks after this is where her wake was held.
My brother Tim got married last year and I was overjoyed to meet his bride along with her daughter. I rejoice that they are expecting, due this June. Last year my sister had a baby son, named Shiloh. Their family came from Massachusetts to see us and we all were smitten by little Shiloh. When my Mom was alive she had prayed without ceasing for her youngest sister to get pregnant after so many challenges to do so. Last year my Aunt gave birth to a girl and we had a chance to hold this miracle baby- the fruit of my Mom's prayers. Although I am deeply saddened that Mom never got to meet these precious lives and visa versa- her sister, my Aunt MaryEllen, reminded me that Mom is not sad at all. She is in heaven with her Savior and with a new body. I appreciate seeing parts of her legacy in my siblings and their families. I see parts of her appearance in the smiles and facial expressions of her siblings. There are memories of her when I am in Long Island. We got to take the girls into NYC and I have memories of going into the City with Mom. Jason specifically remembers her being appalled at seeing Harry Potter vomit flavored jelly beans at the big Toys R US there- and her not being quiet about it either. I miss her but praise God that she is fully receiving the love of God right now and no longer suffering. One day we will see eachother again.
" I am convinced that neither DEATH nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:38-39
 |
| We saw so many sites that are well known and in movies. Nevaeh was on the lookout to see a celebrity. |
 |
| Time Square. Building where the New Years Eve ball drops is behind us. |
 |
| Samara striking the Black Widow pose. |
 |
| Right outside Central Park. |
 |
| This fountain was across the street from The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon studio. |
 |
| Tony Stark was brought some Pizza from Ray's in Iron Man. |
 |
| We were excited to see a big pro life banner. |
 |
| Just had to get a photo in front of Trump Tower. |
 |
| Went to see the Memorial of Ground Zero- where the twin towers once stood. |
 |
| Had lunch in Chinatown. If you are ever in NYC I highly recommend WoHop. |
 |
| Butterfly bacon wrapped shrimp. |
3 comments:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much for all you took time to share!
Thank you for sharing your heart! Wonderful memories and places to see . I love Rays Pizza! But I am so thankful this world is not the end of our journey! Praise the Lord for Heaven! Seeing Jesus face to face ! And our believing loved ones once again ♥️ have a wonderful time and hugs to you
I think of your Mom everyday. I was so blessed to have her in my life and call her my BFF.
Post a Comment