Wednesday, October 4, 2023

2023 photo shoot

Righteous is currently in Minnesota with Jason having a Daddy daughter trip. She will hopefully sit in a few classes at Bethany (where she is planning on going to college in 2025).

Righteous gets super annoyed by our dogs but for some reason they immediately flock to her and demand her attention. 

I am a huge fan of taking photos- especially of people. Yes, sunset pics are glorious, and animals in the wild show God's handiwork (especially the animals here in Kenya with their spots, stripes, massive bodies, etc) but people really show off a whole deeper level of God's creativity. I often take pictures of people just going about their business- in their natural habitat doing their normal everyday activities. I do like the classic pictures of everyone looking at the camera and smiling but I even more so like people who are totally unaware of me taking their picture. Those moments have such an honesty to them, much more realistic to actuality. The funniest pictures I have taken are of when people are eating, when they haven't been warned, there can be some unattractive faces- mine included. My favorite shots are action photos- people in motion, playing, working, dancing and moving about. By no means am I a professional. I simply value the documentation of memories. I have always taken pictures (and videos) of our daughters since they were little babies. There are countless afternoons that the girls are gathered around the laptop reviewing  the pictures from when they were small and comment on how cute they used to be or how they went through an awkward stage before their growth spurts. It gives me great joy to look back on the past and see how much they have grown. How much God has kept them. How faithful He has been. This past weekend we took updated photos so without further ado, please enjoy.

This dog, Atlas, is so devoted to Righteous- even though she wants nothing to do with him. Righteous takes after me in this way. I am a people- person and not fond of animals. 

Nevaeh is loud and full of life. She is bold and I can see her being a mighty leader. Of course we have suggested that she look into being a lawyer some day but she has a passion for children so I can also see her heading down that road too.

This laugh was so contagious. She cracks me up all day long. 

Such a gorgeous girl, just like her sisters.

Charis is a gem who is often thought to be the "quiet one" but if you give her the chance, you will discover she has a whole lot of great things to say.

Charis doesn't get squeamish at medical issues that we come across at the clinic. In other words, I can't handle the sight of blood and Charis bravely can look and has interest to help out in whatever is needed, whether to hold someone's hand or watch the procedure and learn. I can forsee her serving in the medical field now and continuing on as she gets older.

This baby of the family is something else. She wanted to pose on our septic tank and that is exactly what she is doing in this picture. 

She is under there.

Opposite to Righteous dislike for animals, Samara is an animal lover. She also likes to sing, dance, eat as much candy as we would possibly let her, play games, watch comedy shows/movies, and read comic books.

Nevaeh got me in a selfie. Jason and I are so blessed to have these 4 daughters!

 

2 comments:

Renee Stocks said...

What a thoroughly delightful post❣️

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ladies inside and out! What a blessing to call you gals “framily!” Ps. Mama, I seriously had to look for you in that selfie. You look like one of the sisters!