

I remember when I was a kid I had a doll that had a dress that was an exact replica of one in my size. I don't remember if someone sewed them or if they were bought at the store. However what I do know when my dolly and I wore matching outfits it seemed we shared the deep secrets of two best friends as we went exploring, had tea parties, or simply read books together. Now I have a real life version of this, poor Righteous. I have to admit the first thing I do many a mornings is figure out what both of us should wear. When I am working at Fatboys I get asked the question
"You guys have the same kinda clothes on did you do that on purpose?"
"Um of course I did as silly as it is."
There are other similar things I notice that Righteous takes after me. She loves to snack all day long, and especially to my delight chocolate!!! One thing I am grateful for is she does like vegetables so if I am not in the mood to eat them I pass it off to her. It is a nice system we have going for us. Righteous also finds herself funny and will crack herself up which I tend to do and Jas always points that out to me. Last but not least Righteous does not like to miss out on anything even if she is sleepy so she fights sleep. I remember cleaning my college's kitchen floor real early in the morning meaning I needed to go to bed earlier than most people just so I could function the next day- but as soon as I heard some of my pals were going to a late movie at the theater I was so there, needless to say there are several movies I have never seen the ending of bc I have fallen asleep during them.
As I notice Righteous "following my footsteps" I find myself doing a personal check on myself. Am I being a Godly women that my daughter will look up to. In my daily routine am I pointing her to Jesus even though she is too young to understand just yet. What an honor but huge responsibility and I am up for the challenge :)
1 comment:
What fun Bekah! I never thought that having a daughter could be a live mini-me! I had the same things with my dolls when I was growing up and LOVED it!
Post a Comment