Saturday, December 8, 2007

My brother the marine



Its been well over a month since my brother, Josiah, has graduated from marine bootcamp and I am still overwhelmingly proud of him. Jason and I went to see him in his graduation ceremony at Parriss Island South Carolina. It was so exciting to see all of them march in exact perfection that you could just see the discipline and change. I really feel Joe went in a older boy and came out a respectable male. It was a windy during the ceremony and a few marines lost there hats but didn't not flinch or move to pick them up. There were people designated to gather all the fallen hats and bring them to the marines who then could return it to their heads. You can tell it has been engrained in them they are not to move or do a thing unless they are given orders to.
Joe got to ride back in the car with us for 4 hours so that I could hear all of the things he had to endure. I heard that he got pnemonia while he was there but still perservered on. Would I be able to endure the physical demanding tasks when I was healthy, let alone sick with pnemonia? No Way!! There was a 3 day "crucible" they all went on where they didn't eat that whole time and each day would have to hike for miles at a time to there destination. Sometimes a long the way one of their fellow marine would get tagged by a drill sergent and "die" Joe had to carry the dead marine up on his back travel back the miles he had just walked and then return again. Joe showed me the bottom of his foot from the crucible and it looked like a huge blister on top of another blister. He said it rained those 3 days so he couldn't keep his feet dry and plus they order you a boot a little to small. I am so Proud of my brother!! One of these pictures are of my mom, 3 brothers, and two cousins. The other of my grandma holding Righteous and my cousin Stephen, who is a captain in the marines, daughter Jordan. It was so great that my cousin Stephen could come to Joe's graduation- he just returned from Iraq 2 weeks before. It was my first time meeting his beautiful wife Margret and Jordan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look ;-)
Hope you are doingwell. How is support coming? I MISS you SO SO much! Wish you were here.
Love you