Monday, December 10, 2007

AHHHH Support Raising

Some of you probably wonder what our status is with our support raising so let me catch you up. We have almost 600 dollars a month coming in so far we need 3800 yeah I know wow. There are so many people that have said they are going to give but they think they can wait until we get there to start giving. I keep trying to explain we aren't going anywhere until we have at least 3500 coming in or pledged. I know we have to have faith butt we also have to be responsible and I have a family to care for. Some of you may see those numbers and think wow but I have cut every corner I can think of and with 16% going to social security and another 8% to our agency we live on around 2900 and that is budgeting for long term missions.
January was our target date we didn't hear God tell us January we just know it is good to set goals for ourselves. We will leave when God is ready and I know that and so many people tell me that but when your in the situation it doesn't make it any easier to accept it's hard. We just have to keep being faithful and putting us and our ministry out there for people to have the oppurtunity and know that God is boss period.
God has brought us into contact with so many amazing people we had a promotional DVD made by a professional for free it's really good and has helped us so much. We have made many contacts of people working in Kenya that we can't wait use when we get there so we can see His hands at work he is blessing us so much.
Most importantly our faith and trust in Him grows more everyday it has to. This is character building but character building is always hard but its good in the end. I know we will be in Kenya soon I just wish it could be tomorrow but God is in control and Daddy knows best so we shall see.

1 comment:

A said...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! I think H is stinkin cute too. I think she'll be getting a little purse for Christmas, we'll see. I'm pretty much finished shopping...how about you? Are you all doing something special for Christmas? Any special traditions that you'll start and continue in Kenya?
Haddie's been walking for almost 4 months now, crazy huh? And she's 33 inches tall...crazy to see the height difference in the two, R & H. Righteous is adorable and I love her facial expressions, she definitely takes after her mommy! K, well I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas.