Thursday, February 28, 2008
Poison Control
Yes I had to call poison control today. I was blow drying my hair and went to check to see what Righteous was doing and found her playing with Rat Poison peellets. Let me explain further before everyone thinks I am a bad mom, these pellets are in the Laundry room and the doors are always closed. Someone had just loaded the washing machine and forgotten to close the doors. Righteous is almost always in the same room as me so while I was doing my hair it just seemed strange that I hadn't see her for a few minutes. I immediatly picked her up to see if she had any in her mouth and didn't see any remnants of anything. I still called to see if there would be any immediate reactions so I could completly rule out consumption. The lady on the phone was very helpful and explained that a few pellets would do no harm it was dangerous if handfuls were eaten. Also you don't see any signs until 2-5 days and they are blood in the stool, excessive bruising and nose bleeds. So now I am believing she is totally fine but watching her more closely than I have before. It is impossible to always watch her every move because then I could never use the bathroom or cook dinner etc. That is when I know that God is the lookout in the times I can't. Today was very scary- just even the thought of what could happen. All the rat poison in the house has been thrown away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you are a great mom. How scary for you - and great to know God is watching over her. I love you !
Oh, how scary! I agree, you ARE a great mom, we all have moments when we think otherwise but you really are a great mom! And I am so glad that she's ok!!! love you all so much!
Post a Comment