Friday, March 7, 2008

Political deal made in Kenya!

Hooray! As of February 29th, with lots of mediation these past 2 months from people of all nations there was finally a deal made.

Under the deal, President Kibaki will remain the President of Kenya, and anew position of Prime Minister will be created, which will be filled byRaila Odinga. Kalonzo Musyoka will remain Vice President, while two DeputyPrime Minister slots will also be created, one being appointed from eachparty.

To me it seems funny to have both a president and a prime minister along with the vice president and deputy Prime Ministers but I am glad there is finally peace. Although Jason and I were never worried about coming during this violent time in Kenya a lot of our loved one were strongly debating our sanity and "blind faith"( as someone said to me) so now you can rest assured that the nation can finally get back to normal. Still pray for the many who are still displaced in various partsof the nations, and those who have lost jobs, houses, businesses, and lovedones as a result of the chaos. Also that everyone will learn from this and never allow such a tragedy to take place again.

I wanted to report that Righteous has shown no signs that she had ingested the rat poison so I praise God for this!! Each day her exploring goes further than I ever thought possible. She has become a climber. The other night when I was cooking dinner she was able to reach up on a pantry shelf and rip open some brown sugar. When I caught her it looked like she was vacationing at a sandy beach. Also just this past Wednesday she got ahold of my sister-n-law's perfume that was up on her dresser and Righteous was smellin mighty strong for 2 days. I like to think all of this curiosity is just enlargening her IQ and she is going to be in the top of her class. I love watching how much she grows everyday!

2 comments:

Hannah Rue said...

When are you guys planning to leave?? I thought the first week in March was a goal?!?! Doug and Carrie Cobbs are in our Sunday School class and they said they were your neighbors... Small world!!! We're praying for you!!!
Matthew and Hannah (Blairs Cousin)

extraspecialbitter said...

I'm glad to hear that Righteous is okay. It's a jungle in there!