With just two weeks left here in Virginia I keep asking myself what exactly should I be doing to get ready to leave. Of course I have a list of things I want to buy at the store such as, bug spray, fitted sheets (you cannot find them in Kenya), packages of underwear for both of us (all of our clothes will be getting hand washed so within a few months everything is stretched to a size larger then when it started), spices, a kiddie pool, spare pacifiers, sunblock etc. Then there is a mental list of people that you want to make sure you say goodbye to and make sure you get contact information. With such a short time left I realize every person I see it could be that last time I see them for the next three years. Last night we had all of Jason's family over for shishkabob's, rice, and black beans. When we are with each other it still does not feel like these are the last of days.
Last week was a really rough week for the family. Jesse (Jason's brother who is 19) got in a really bad car accident. I dump truck ran over his escort in which his back bumper got rammed up into the front. Jesse's best friend was in the passenger seat and had to get rushed in a Nightingale to the hospital where he was put on tubes to live until they found an organ recipient. He passed away on Wednesday. Jesse is fine and is still processing so much. There are many funny memories that he and his best friend had shared and I love listening to Jesse tell them. Tomorrow is the viewing and Wednesday the funeral and I am glad to be able to be with the family during this loss. Please pray that this will draw Jesse close to the Lord and he would see God has protected his life so that he would not live it do what he wants but to glorify the Lord.
We are driving to NY on June 8th , probably thru the night so that Righteous can sleep during the whole car ride. We will spend time with my family until we leave June 15th. I get to spend that last day with my dad on Father's day which is very special to me. Another prayer and hope I have is that I will get to see my brother Josiah before I go. He is a marine and is doing rifle range right now and there is just a small chance he will get to complete it and travel by bus to make it to NY the last day we are there. I cannot imagine not being able to give him one more hug or just see him one last time when I am so proud of him. He has changed so much since becoming a marine last November. There is still so much to get done that I am worried about forgetting something. The excitement of actually taking off is being put aside for now so that I can focus in on what is around me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment