Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last few days in New York





Tomorrow we leave for Kenya!! This past week was full of fun as we spent time with my family on Long Island. I was so glad to see my grandmother doing well even though she is a new widow. All of her children have been taking turns having her stay in their homes as her house is being put on the market. Even though I have only been married for almost 3 years I think I would be like her, not wanting to stay in the same home without my husband being there with me.


We have gotten to eat at many places here in NY. We went into the city and ate at the yummiest chocolate restaurant ever called Max Brenner. I ordered a hot chocolate where they give you a small cup of milk that is over a little tea lite and I keep adding these chocolate shavings or milk to make it exactly how I wanted it. My brother Nathanial got to take a picture with Russel Simons who we passed by on the street. He was on his way to a yoga class. As soon as my cousin emails me the picture I will be sure to post it.


Jason's mom won a bunch of free tickets to Shea Stadium to see the Mets. This was such a great gift because they are my favorite baseball team and the tickets we got were bleacher seats, with all you can eat and drink up until the 7th inning. Jason's mom, sister, and her boyfriend were able to drive up here for the game so it was nice to be able to see them one last time before heading off to Kenya. My sister Bethany, her husband Peter, and my brother Nate also came to the Mets game. Hallelujah the Mets won 7 to 1 against the Texas Rangers!


Tomorrow I get to have brunch with my Father on Father's Day and we leave at 8pm from JFK. The next time I write will be from African soil!!!

No comments: