Friday, August 1, 2008

Dates with Righteous



      We recently got to eat at this South African Steakhouse that was great for so many reasons. Here in Kenya all types of meat are okay but not as tender as the States. 


      We were recently eating some chicken stew with Mercy and Linah and they were telling me they enjoy the tough chickens because they like the challenge. I was like what in the world that is nuts! That is just Kenya. When we went to eat steak it was so delicious and took very little effort chewing. As soon as we walked in they have a woman take your child and it is her job to entertain the child until you leave. This is absolutely free!! Righteous had so much fun playing on the outside playground and made a friend of course. Then she went inside and colored and just kept going back and forth. We ordered food for her but she didn't end up eating it until we got home. The lady also took her into the kitchen so she could greet all the cooks. This restaurant will be visited every time we come to Nairobi in the future. Last weekend when the college girls were over we went to the movie theater to watch Hancock and Righteous came along too. At first she was so scared of the huge screen and loudness. Then Jason brought us the popcorn and that occupied her until it was all gone. Right after her stomach was full she fell asleep in my arms for the rest of the movie. I was so impressed how well this experience went because Jason was prepared to sit the movie out but we got to enjoy it all together as one happy family.

       I just had a doctors appointment on Wednesday and found out I am 3-4 centimeters dilated. My midwife friend Jenny's advice worked a little too well because I could have the baby at any time now and we aren't completely prepared until Wednesday August 6th. I have been having contractions through out the day and night but not painful ones. I am taking it easy but not at all sitting in bed all day. I have decided not to walk up the hill right outside until after the baby is born and not to pick up Righteous if I can avoid it. Mercy is on call throughout the night just in case we need her to come up and watch Righteous. It is very convenient that she lives downstairs in the servants quarters especially in times like now. 

     In this picture I am getting my blood pressure checked by one of the nurses which is done right in the waiting room in front of all the other patience. I also get weighed in the waiting room which for the past 3 weeks I have been 62 Kilograms according to the scale which makes me feel rather light when I see that number. Please pray all goes smoothly and  happens in God's timing. Hopefully next blog we will be introducing Nevaeh to you all.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

hey witt family!
i am so excited for you! congrats on your arrival in kenya and on your new arrival due any day!
i love looking at your blog and remembering my time in kenya.
enjoy every minute of your time there.
rest in God's love, promise, and guidence for your lives.
Naomi, Wayne and Sydney

Anonymous said...

I can't wait !
I love you!