
There is an orphanage in town that mostly has handicap children. Bob is Nevaeh's favorite. Nobody is sure of his age (I heard around 5-8 Years old) and he is "deaf, blind, and dumb". He cannot do much besides lie in a crib all day but he responds to physical touch. When you gently stroke his face or hold his hand he is all smiles and can even laugh. When we visit Bob's room is the first Nevaeh wants to visit and she asks to pray for him- which really means for me to pray for him. What strongly fills my heart that God has a purpose for his life. He has been born in to a tropical location and overall society where everything is against him. This town is filled with malaria and other diseases that can kill, especially those who do not get enough food and good nutrition. In the religion that is dominant here, the handicap are the outcasts of society and when they are born they are left to die. Despite these tremendous odds against him Bob is alive and growing up everyday. My prayer is that he will always feel loved by Father God and that his life will be a testimony- let him not just be overlooked and forgotten. Amen

My mind is often filled with many art projects. Everyday I like to do something with Righteous and Nevaeh because I love to color, paint, and also it helps the time go by. I also enjoy going out into the community and teaching children about art whether it be in schools or just around the neighborhood. The Lord has shown me I can use this for His glory and it is something I enjoy. We taught the kids at the orphanage "He's got the whole world in his hands" and put there names in the song. I had them draw the earth and then we put all different stickers on top and then I tried to sing the names of those stickers in Kiswahili to the best of my ability. The main focus was to let them know that everything around us and even ourselves are all in the Lord's hands. I am not sure what stuck but do know the children sure love stickers. Righteous kept putting a bunch on Bob's crib.

A quick story of my flesh. A few days a lady came at our gate whose story was she was sick, had lots of children, and they all were very hungry. She repeated this to me several times and asked for flour. I told her I had bread to give but no flour. She agreed for me to get the bread and then insisted on giving her flour. Once again I explained I did not have any flour. She then said, "Go get the bread and look around in your house for the flour to bring." EXCUSE ME! My flesh says on the inside but I never say it aloud. I go inside get bread and a big container of peanut butter and put it in a bag for her. When she looks inside she is very confused by the peanut butter but I tell her it very nutritious and her kids will like it on the bread. Then she asks "Do you have any meat?" Once again my flesh is very defensive- for one I am not a grocery store or a butchery. I am trying to help but this lady is super picky and not grateful. I actually am tempted to take back my bread and peanut butter. The Lord immediately puts 2 verses in my mind the one where whatever we do for the least of my brethren we do for Him, and the one where we never know when we are entertaining angels unaware. My honest response was, "But Jesus you and your angels would never be so picky and ungrateful as this lady is being towards me." I am glad God forgives my attitude and still uses me even with all the imperfections that I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment