Friday, May 21, 2010

Tracing hands

I went the following week to do another art project at the orphange in the afternoon that way the children that are older and go to school during the day could still participate. I had 3 wonderful ladies come to help me and one of them was my translator because more importantly I wanted God's word to be the message that stood out to these children rather than just the colors and project. We traced all the children's hands three time and had them decorate each one differently. On one they picked which colors to paint the nails, the other just coloring and the last gluing designs from a magaizine. After everything was finished many of the girls (and boys too) wanted to get their nails painted. There was one crippled girl, that constantly remains on the floor, who could not stop smiling and looking at her nails after Jessica (Bethany intern) painted them. There were two blind girls that wanted to make this project which at first provides a challenge because you have to do most of the work for them but then I am reminded why I am even doing this in the first place. For those to know how much Jesus loves them. I had my translator read out the scripture verses and try to explain them so hopefully in days ahead it will be instilled in their lives and be used in their actions.
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10
"Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10:4
"My times are in your hands." Psalm 31:15

No comments: