Friday, October 22, 2010

Underwater and Adventures

We just got back from traveling for a week and a half. The trip was originally only suppose to take 1 week but our great friend and supervisor has the famous saying "Nothing is for sure until it is history." That saying cannot be truer in all aspects of life. The interns have learned this very fast being here. In the beginning they would ask what they would be doing the next week- such as what class they would be having or what community service they would be involved with. It is just a western mindset to want to have things planned and scheduled in advance. There have been several times when the interns classes were postponed a few hours or canceled all together or a last minute project has come up for them all to be involved with, canceling any other activities they were originally going to do that day. When we were on the road returning home the driver side tire's bearing broke. When traveling in Africa there could be stretches of the road where you have not passed another vehicle for quite awhile. There are many villages you pass by but some only contain houses and have no mechanic, no small grocery store, no outhouse to pull over and use the bathroom at. When the tire didn't allow us to go on we could not have picked a better place for it to happen. There was a guesthouse for us all to stay at a few miles away. We were able to get a mechanic to come and within 2 days be back on the road. I feel like the Lord was speaking to me during my time of waiting. Even when things go wrong it does excuse me to be in a bad mood and not be kind and loving to others. I am still commanded, at those tough moments, to take the gospel to all nations. We are always coming in contact with different people and sometimes it is just for a short 2 days and during that time I always want to look for ways to show them Jesus. There are times when I can be caught up in the business of taking care of my 3 girls but I can still assess the area I am in and pray for God's will to be done. At the guesthouse we were at there was only electricity when the generator was on. (There was no electricity in that whole town). At night people would come to be in the lights and get drunk late into the night. There were remnants of other things people would do left on the ground the next day. I have a burden to pray that these people would be drawn to the Lord and know more about His great love for them. I can pray specifically against some strongholds in that area. Above all else I pray that wherever I go I would carry the light of Jesus to shine forth amongst the darkness.
Here are some pictures from our time at the Coast. The underwater camera pictures are so unbelievable to me. Righteous and Nevaeh are both able to swim on their own and jump into the water with their floaties on. Jason would count to three and have them go all the way under water whereas I am so cautious, not wanting them to drink the water. In the next few days I will put pictures up from swimming along the coral reef in the Indian Ocean.


6 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow Moose, that is the most bathing suit I have ever seen you wear!

extraspecialbitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
extraspecialbitter said...

Water babies!

Cari said...

SO fun! Love you!!!!!

Christy Duffy said...

So sorry your vehicle broke down, but so thankful the Lord provided. Love the underwater pictures!

Esther said...

Those girls are incredible!