Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Finally- Christmas day!

Our morning begins with setting up for the different things we will be doing throughout the day. ( Cooking, playing games, making crafts, eating, and handing out the bags of food we had prepared the day before) We would be doing everything outside under the open sky so many mats are needed. We were so grateful that it was an overcast day because we did not have any shade to sit under. The villagers helped us arrange the layout- "there are 2 trees over there so that will be the kitchen, and there is 1 tree there so that can be where you sit and have crafts."
Abby and Jessica chopped lots and lots of potatoes, tomatoes, and onions. Righteous and Nevaeh observe and really want to lend a helping hand.
Brenna is a baby lover and wherever she goes finds a little one to hold and love on.
Neil helps me carry out the art project. We are able to do 25 with the children and they all seemed to really like them. Even the teenagers and adults would come to see and ask questions. I used the same craft that I did last year but added an angel which the kids could have glitter on top.

This is the clinic for the area where we closed out the day handing out bags of food. The clinics roof was paid for and put on by a team from Minnesota that came in the beginning of December. It was a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Rebecca Mandich said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome Christmas day. I bet those people were so blessed by you all. I am missing you and your family, and I am praying for you!