Well needless to say I have been quite busy the last month as my wife told you all in the previous post! The development of the training farm that we are trying to start is in full swing! It is very exciting but also quite overwhelming at times too.
It is a time of many firsts for me but the Father is with me and it's all about Him! It is the first time I have ever fenced a 30 plus acre piece of property. And trust me it takes a lot longer than you think. I am going into my fourth week of working on the fence. We have tried to make the best possible fence we can while also being good stewards of what we have for this project. The challenge for this fence is that we have a bit of a different variety of grazing animals to keep out both wild and domesticated so it needs to be sufficient. We have goats, sheep, cows, camels, and donkeys. But we also have monkeys, baboons, dik dik (a miniature deer), warthogs, mongoose, kudu ( a large gazelle), Swara( a normal size gazelle) and of course the biggest of them all the hippo. So the fence will be quite important to our success and sustainability.
I have also learned so much in this short time and I love learning I feel that the Father has taught me so much in these last 3 years and I never want to stop letting Him teach me things whether be spiritual or practical I feel so blessed.
The purpose of this farm is to train people how to take very small plots of land and develop them in way( using permaculture basically zero waste methods) that they will be able to sustain themselves by providing food and income for their families. If we can reach the full capacity of this development we believe that a family could earn between 150 USD to 200 USD per month with only using a quarter acre of land. We will be teaching people about vegetable and fruit farming, bee keeping, fish farming, chicken farming and animal husbandry(just a few major examples). Thankfully the Father has given me the perfect colleague to take care of the training aspect of this, my friend and brother Harrison. He is very knowledgeable and experienced in all these things and most of my knowledge is in theory. Harrison will head up the training and running of the farm and I will head up the development and general overseeing of the project as a whole. I am so blessed to have him with me.
Of course our overall reason for doing everything we do here is to show the love of the Father, this is the only reason we are capable of doing anything good at all. Apart from Him no one can do anything good!( we usually have some underlying motive when we try to do good apart form him) So we wanna give Him all the glory, honor, and praise that He is do! Its all about Him and may it always be.
Rebekah asked you all to pray for me in an earlier post. I would really appreciate it so much. I am not quite as confident as some people may think I am.( I know who knew right?) I am only 30 (thats still young right?) and I have been entrusted with a project somewhere in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million dollars over the next 10 years and to be honest I am very afraid of failure. Actually I despise it, really I do not like failing. Please pray for me to do everything for the Father and not for the approval of man. Pray for His desire to become my desire and for that to become the driving force behind everything I do. That I will want what He wants period. Most importantly pray that the Spirit will move and people will respond. Thanks so much! Its hard to believe that we will see most of you in the coming months we are very excited and nervous at the same time! Blessings on you all thanks for coming along on the journey with us!
3 comments:
The Father has gifted you so wonderfully for this mission work already. So continue to trust in his faithful outpouring of just what you need to do His work. Stay humble and a bit fearful. Our pride prevents us from depending on Him and He chooses to work through weak vessels that His glory may be shown. We are praying for you, brother! Teresa
Praying for y'all :)
-Melissa
So thankful for your willingness to serve and be used by the Lord. I am praying for you and your family.
Post a Comment