Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's been happening in Virginia




It has been 1 week and a half since we have been in Virginia. We are staying at Jason's mom's house and getting to spend a lot of time with his siblings and our two nephews. In the picture on the right Jason was able to do the opening and closing ceremony for his youngest sister, Whitney's, capping ceremony. She is halfway through the program to becoming an RN. We have gotten to talk to our home church last Sunday, and this Sunday a different church is allowing us to come and share about what the Lord is doing in Kenya. At first I was always giving a prayer request for our family but the Lord has convicted me to give each body of believers we get to talk to a different people group in Kenya to pray for. So far I just give the people groups name but am hoping to gather information about them to be able to pass out.
I have made a list of things that I want to take the kiddos to while we are here. I am wanting to take advantage of museums, parks, historical landmarks as much as I can because it is a part of homeschooling and where we live in Kenya- there is a short supply. Going to the Fire Station is on my list as well as strawberry picking. America has such a variety of things to do and I am feeling quite full and satisfied.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Looking forward to seeing you guys. :)