"...they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their troubles, and He brought them out of their distress. He turned the desert into pools of water and the parched ground into flowing springs." Psalm 107:27b-28,35
Friday, June 24, 2011
reflections of being in the US
I cannot say it enough- it has been so refreshing just being in the USA and getting the opportunity to make new friendships and strengthen our relationships we had from before left for Kenya. I am in awe with every Bible study I attend and sermon I get to hear. My spiritual heart has been full of the daily bread and continues to be a sponge- just soaking up everything it can. In the above picture Jason and I got to attend a vbs at one of the churches, and I found myself wishing it could last longer than just a week. I am excited that churches have this for children to grow in the faith and have fun doing it during the summer. I have asked myself if we were permanently living in the US would I still be as enthusiastic with vbs and the other programs the church has to offer? Would I take it for granted? Maybe not at first but eventually I could. I know that right now we are here at the perfect time and God is using it to prepare us to go back on August 30th. We got to go fishing for the first time with my friend Blair and Righteous caught one within a few minutes of us arriving. She ended up being the only one that caught one and proudly told anyone and everyone she could. As we have the time to fish, a lot of the skill is just being able to wait and be patient. I find myself quiet and just looking at the pond with the beautiful scenery that is everywhere my eyes glance. No man could make this creation as lovely. I cannot help but thank God for all he has done for me. Then I think ahead a little to the future and do not know what is to come but am confident it will be with the Lord. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." Isaiah 64:4 Every Monday night and Thursday night we have been cheering for Jason as he play for our church softball league. Jason is very competitive and has a good time being around other men from the church who are like him- doing their best to win. I can tell that he has really missed playing while we have been in Kenya. Somebody asked him if it was hard to go to Kenya- knowing he is not able to be apart of sports and hang out with the friendships he has. Jason's reply was "I would be lying if I said that it wasn't hard." What helps us being able to go is knowing it is God's will. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? and how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good new" Romans 10: 13-15
I am truly thankful and amazed at how God works. Jason, i remember some of those first days that I met you and your faithfuness when I was with Cindee and Philip.Our great God has led you because you CHOSE to follow Him. How He has led you to school and to Becka, and Kenya. Aren't you so happy to see God happening. Those darling kiddies of yours and those students who come every year, and I did'nt see any fruits of the people there, but you must keep on. I know God is working in you and Becka. Praise the dear Lord.
3 comments:
I love you! I love y'all! Oh my goodness, Charis looks like JASON (kind of)!! Finally! Ok, so you're in VA what has to happen to see you? Seriously.
I am truly thankful and amazed at how God works. Jason, i remember some of those first days that I met you and your faithfuness when I was with Cindee and Philip.Our great God has led you because you CHOSE to follow Him. How He has led you to school and to Becka, and Kenya. Aren't you so happy to see God happening. Those darling kiddies of yours and those students who come every year, and I did'nt see any fruits of the people there, but you must keep on. I know God is working in you and Becka. Praise the dear Lord.
Jasaon: I posted a comment on Anonomous,but I really want you to know it was from "Grammy"Ardis Kissinger
Post a Comment