Sunday, September 4, 2011

Planes, Buses, and Automobiles


Thanks everyone for all your prayers! As you may have read earlier on our blog we are back in Kenya safe and sound. But we are not quite settled in to our house yet, so please continue to pray for a smooth transition for us as we adjust to home again. Especially for the kiddos! Right now I am in Gtown but Rebekah and the kids are in Nairobi. I came up to get the house in order and pick up our vehicle.

(pictured is an older pic of my Landcruiser you can see we maximize its use)

We still have quite a bit to do in Nairobi. the kids will get vaccinations tomorrow and I will head back to Nairobi and continue the very pleasant search for a new car for Rebekah.(We sold her older car before furlough because we needed the money for furlough and it was on its last leg.) I have basically been looking for a car since the morning after we arrived. I have found some good cars, but not any good prices. As if the prices of cars in Kenya were not already hig enough being almost triple what they would run in the states, now they are triple or even more! We raised what we thought would be enough to get Rebekah a vehicle but with the current economy in Kenya we are a few thousand short. I would like to ask you all to pray that God would guide us to the right vehicle for the right price. We want to be wise with the resources He has entrusted to us in order to further His work here.

If by any chance any of you would like to help us out financially in this matter please let us know by email wittdawg@gmail.com every little bit counts! Our church can do the tax deductible receipts for you. Just mail in any donation to Tuckerswamp Baptist Church 37527 Seacock Chapel Road Zuni, Virginia, 23898. Make any donations payable to the church and enclose a note specifying it is for Jason and Bekah Witt in Kenya.


Thanks so much for all your prayers, encouragement and support! We love you all very much and couldn't be in Kenya without your help!

No comments: